URL autocompletion

Options
efc
efc
Community Member

I've been using the 1P browser on the iPad quite a bit lately, and one feature would be really helpful: autocompletion.

Most browsers accomplish URL autocompletion via browser history, I am not asking for that from 1P.

Rather, I would love it if 1P used its corpus of domain names built into login items to suggest full URLs as I typed them in to the browser address bar. For example, if I have a login for "foobar.com/login" why can't 1P suggest that as I start typing a URL with "fo" in the address bar?

I would suggest a behavior that first completes a domain name, and then only finishes the rest of the URL with either a second return or if the user continues typing. Often the complete original registration/login page is not the destination of future work with the site, so it would be a bit overenthusiastic for 1P to autocomplete that whole address. What would be most welcome is completion of the domain names based on the login corpus.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @efc,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your suggestion! I'll be sure to pass your suggestion along to our developers - it sounds like a useful one to me. :)

• giantmike13
    giantmike13
    Community Member
    Options

I just wanted to put a vote in for this. It would make the browser experience much more complete.

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! Your vote has been added. :)

This discussion has been closed.