Unhappiness with 4.0.8

Options
Patrick Waugh
Patrick Waugh
Community Member

First, I LOVE 1Password... at least I did till I upgraded and you changed a couple of things.

1) I do not like that the menu item to open the main 1Password window is buried now in a "setup" icon. This is especially true because of:

2) I often have to open the main 1Password window from Mini, due to needing to see the password, and I used to be able to reveal the password directly in Mini (I thought). Further, due to (1) above, this is now harder to do.

3) When I enter the 1Password in Mini, it does not always unlock the main 1Password, and so when I bring it up, I am forced to then enter the password AGAIN. Does this make it 2Password???? Ok, since it's the same password, maybe not, but I really hate that I have to do this, or put 1Password on my dock (taking up space) to do the job Mini is supposed to do for me.

4) 1Password apparently interferes with my ability to use Keyboard Maestro, due to some kind of conflict with taking over the keyboard. This is not good that you can't play nice with them or that they can't play nice with you. :)

5) If I unlock Mini, and then open 1Password's main screen, then close it, I'm not "Locked" again. I'd rather it not be locked for the period of time I setup. This, again, is a big inconvenience.

6) I wrote you guys and email MONTHs ago, and just now got back a generic response. That is really really poor service. If I take the time to email you, please have the professional courtesy to email me back, and not send me back a useless canned response about how you are sorry you didn't email me sooner. That is the type of thing that makes me not do business with a company.

If you are overwhelmed with your success, you may end up losing customers.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi Patrick,

Thanks so much for providing such detailed feedback on 1Password 4! I'll do my best to address each of your issues here.

1) This is a valid point, I'll be sure to pass this along to the developers - we don't want to make things more complex than they need to be here! Although it is our hope to make the Mini so useful that you need to open the main app much less frequently.

2) Try pressing the Option key when the password is selected in the Mini to reveal it. :)

3) The Mini and the main app share the same lock settings in 1Password 4. Could you review your settings in Preferences > Security? If you have 1Password set to lock quickly, it is possible for you to use the Mini one minute, then have the main app lock before you need to access it.

4) Whenever the lock screen is visible in 1Password or the Mini, Secure Input is enabled, which will prevent programs like text expanders and other programs that use the accessibility API for automation. If 1Password is unlocked, or if the lock screen is not visible, you should not have this problem.

5) To prevent the Mini from locking when the main app is closed, please uncheck the 'Lock when main window is closed' option in Preferences > Security.

6) For this I sincerely apologize. To give you a bit of perspective here, our email inbox has topped out at over 11,000 messages since the launch of 1Password 4. We are a small team of 40 (including developers and designers) and everyone on the team has been putting in extra hours to get as many answers out as quickly as we can. I am so sorry that we didn't get to yours earlier.

If you have any further questions or concerns about 1Password 4, please let me know and I'll do my best to help!

This discussion has been closed.