Why did you get rid of Layout?

Options
LWinston
LWinston
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Gee, maybe some of your customers actually used the Layout function in v3 and now with v4 find the forced single layout option annoying. Oh wait, did you decide on this based on detailed user research, like when you asked three people about it? More likely it was something like this - a stressed out programmer or project manager argued nobody used this function when he/she really meant, "I don't have time for this."

P.S. I just love that massive list of known issues posted here. What do you expect customers to do with that? Print it and tape it to our desks? Why not title it "Agile Bits screw ups and all the reasons proving we released this too soon." It blows my mind that you can make a product that people use to manage their most important information and yet the release is so riddled with issues. I guess that stunning "new look" was more important than actual QA testing? Please don't tell me how complex software development can be, I live in this world and am sick and tired of complexity being used as an excuse for sloppiness.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The list option for layout has returned in the betas for version 4.1. If you bought your license from the AgileBits web store, there is an option to include betas in automatic updates. If you do that, you can have the alternative layout now. Otherwise, it will return when that version goes to release.

• LWinston
    LWinston
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yea, like all the problems listed on this forum is inspiring the confidence to try a beta! :-)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

And the list view is now, as of December 5, available in the new update, version 4.1.1. If you are a Mac App Store customer, as of right now - I just checked - the update is awaiting Apple approval.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The 4.1 MAS update is now available, with this new layout that @hawkmoth referred to:

• Added the option to display your items as a multi-column display (View->Item List Layout->Top).
This discussion has been closed.