Database and Browser Extension Problems

CStephen84
CStephen84
Community Member

I have messed around and created a new database. The Safari and Chrome Extensions cannot locate the database. I clicked on the red "1" in the extensions and got an Agilebits diagnosis of the problem and suggested ways to reinstall the extensions. None of them worked for me. I cannot open the 1Password program on my Macbook Pro (OS 10.9). I get this message: AGDatabaseError - Exception: Encryption keys file exist but cannot be loaded from 'file://localhost/Users/Steve/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys/'. I do not know what version I have of 1Password because I cannot open it. I am able to use the current passwords with the extensions but there is no updating to data base going on and no syncs to main program or IOS devices. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Steve

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @CStephen84.

I'm so sorry you're having all this trouble with 1Password. Because there are multiple issues involved we'd prefer working with you directly in email to get them resolved. Please start by emailing a Diagnostics Report from your Mac with the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. The report will determine which version of 1Password you're using (so far it looks like 1Password 3) so we can provide you with specific instructions what to do next. Thanks in advance!

• CStephen84
    CStephen84
    Community Member

Thank you. I have emailed the Report. I had also already sent email a couple of days ago marked Urgent but did not include a Report.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @CStephen84.

I'm still looking for your email with the report. Was it sent from a different account than you're registered with on the forum?

• CStephen84
    CStephen84
    Community Member

That is quite possible. In the mean time I got an email from support in response to an email I sent to them. It was from Anthony Wadlow
    AgileBits Support. I sent him the diagnostics report but do not know if he received it. If possible perhaps you can check and make sure that he received it and will be on the point. Please let me know what to do next. If you need me to send report again I will send from correct email address.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @CStephen84. I'll check on this with Anthony; we're good for now. :)

This discussion has been closed.