Please improve Credit Card auto complete

AndreGB
AndreGB
Community Member

Hi guys,

1Password is absolutely great. And the version 4 for Mac is almost perfect. Almost, I wish the Credit Card autocomplete was better. So far I haven't been able to use it successfully even once. I understand some websites make the card's fields with lots of errors and wrong formats. I've found websites where I could type letters on the card's number field. So I understand it is hard for 1Password to guess which data goes into which field.

If I may suggest, when 1Password can't figure out the fields to complete the credit card information it could present us with a small pop-up window saying something like:

"Unable to find the credit card fields to complete. In order to complete the fields correctly, please click on the field for card's holder name."

So you click on that field and 1Password completes it. Next it would say:

"Now please click on the field for the credit card number."

And it would insert the numbers there. Some websites like to separate the numbers groups into different fields. 1Password could detect those and complete the fields accordingly.

"Now please click on the field for the security number"

And so on, as a step-by-step process for completing each field. Having to switch back and fourth from 1Password to copy or to check the information makes it a lot less practical, compared to how great this app is for completing your passwords.

This is just a suggestion, but please address credit cards on a future update.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndreGB,

Thanks so much for providing your feedback here! I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying 1Password so far ... for the most part ;) You're right, credit card forms are particularly difficult because of the variety of formats developers have to choose from. We definitely want to improve this. If you feel so inclined, you could help by providing some of your top misbehaving credit card sites. Examples can be very useful for our team to test against. I do like your suggestion for the pop-up notification when 1Password can't automatically fill. I'll be sure to pass that along to the tech gurus :)

• AndreGB
    AndreGB
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply, Megan. I will send you some websites in private, but I've noticed that most of them are non-English websites (even though I've had problems on English ones too).

Another suggestion I could give would be to make the credit card information draggable from the 1Password window. So we would have to click on the small anchor icon to detach the card's information from the browser extension and then drag each information to their corresponding fields.

Thank you again!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndreGB,

That's a great suggestion, thanks! I'll pass that (along with the websites you sent along) to our developers. :)

This discussion has been closed.