Multiple Vault Sharing with Dropbox Not Syncing All Data [resolved]

Options
ryansebiz
ryansebiz
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I'm running OS X 10.9 and 1Password 4.0.9 from the AgileBits store. Here's my issue:

• I have a 2013 MacBook Air with two user accounts, one for myself and the other for my wife
  • I have my primary vault synced to my Dropbox (under the default /Dropbox/1Password folder)
  • My wife's primary vault is synced to her Dropbox (also under the default /Dropbox/1Password folder)
  • I created a new vault, called "Software" to share our software licenses
  • I exported the software licenses from my primary vault and imported them to the new software vault (and confirmed all of the data transferred correctly)
  • I shared the new software vault into our shared Dropbox folder (/Dropbox/Shared/1Password) following your guide: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Tutorials/share-vault.html
  • I logged into her Mac account, unlocked 1P and double-clicked /Dropbox/Shared/1Password/Software.agilekeychain
  • I gave the vault a color and entered its password
  • All of the items appear in her 1Password, but the problem is that they don't have any of their data, specifically their license key fields are blank

How can I get the new vault's data to correctly sync across Dropbox?

Edit: I was able to solve this by deleting the vault on both of our accounts, deleting the shared Software.agilekechain file and repeating the steps above. Hopefully this helps others who run into the same issue.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @ryansebiz.

Thanks for the detailed description of your vault sharing/syncing issue and what you did to resolve it.

On the first attempt had Dropbox fully finished syncing data for the Software keychain to your wife's system before opening it there?

This discussion has been closed.