Multiple vaults suddenly disappeared and only Primary Vault is left

Options
philmcole
philmcole
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

Hello community,

I created 2 additional vaults in 1Password 4 for Mac beside the primary vault. A few days ago I recognized that they weren't there when I wanted to access one of them!

Where are they?? Is my data in these vaults now gone?? That would be fatal and a very problem!

I don't know exactly when they first disappeared, because I don't access them regularly but only one time in a week or so...
A few additional informations on my setup with 1Password:
I sync 1Password for Mac over iCloud with 1Password for iPhone. So I have only two devices accessing 1Password.

You better fix that, because losing the informations is the worst that could happen!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @philmcole.

I'm really sorry that you've lost two secondary vaults in 1Password 4. To clarify, both are missing when you open the main 1P4 app and look for them? And had either of them been configured to use Dropbox or Folder Sync?

The best and fastest way we can help you look for that missing data is to start by emailing a Diagnostics Report from your Mac with the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. The report will give us additional information so we can provide you with specific suggestions for where to find and recovery the missing data. Thanks in advance!

• philmcole
    philmcole
    Community Member
    Options

When I open the main 1Password app on the mac, they're not there and I verified 100 times that I can create new ones but there aren't my 2 vaults anymore.

I use 1Password 4 on both Mac and iPhone and have the mac version purchased through the website not mac appstore.
    The sync goes over iCloud. Not Dropbox and not Folder Sync, just iCloud.

I will look if I can make a diagnostics report and then send it to you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sending the report, @philmcole. We've received it okay and will work with you directly through email to ensure that we don't get anything muddled up between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.