Installation on new Mac

Maggie
Maggie
Community Member

I have 1P 4 running on two Macs, my iPhone and my iPad. Both Macs have Mountain Lion and both iOS devices have iOS 7.x (whatever is latest).

Somebody gave me a new Mac, and I am setting it up for my own use. It has Mountain Lion 10.8.4. I created a new account for myself and installed dropbox (downloaded the latest version from the dropbox website). I entered my username and password. Then I downloaded 1P 4 from the agilebits website (to make sure I had the latest version). I pointed it to the dropbox folder. But when I enter my master password, it is not accepted!

In case of some previously unrecognized keyboard problem, I made a new textedit file and typed the password into that, copied and pasted it into the master password field; this didn't help.

I last changed my master password when v. 4 for iOS was released.

When I look at the sync settings on my iPhone, it says it synced a few seconds ago.

I am NOT interested in deleting 1P from dropbox -- too concerned that something even more awful will happen or that one of my other four devices is going to start having problems.

In case you are wondering why one person would have so many Macs, one -- an 11" MBA is for carrying around; one is a 17" MBP, which is my primary machine. I'm planning to use this new Mac for testing. The first thing I want to do is set it up with the same applications that are on my MBA (not many beyond the default) and install Mavericks to make sure everything is compatible. The first time I installed Mavericks, it was on a friend's computer. It took 17 hours because he had a bunch of apps that weren't compatible and a couple of unrelated preference files got corrupted. I can't afford for something like this to happen on either of my other two Macs.

Thanks for any advice that doesn't include deleting my dropbox data.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@Maggie

Has Dropbox completed syncing ? I am thinking that may be the issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Maggie,

I'm not quite sure why you're unable to access your keychain in 1Password 4, so I'd love to get a closer look at your system: could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.