A Key Data File could not be loaded - online version - 1Passwordanywhere

Options

I can not access my 1Password via the web version (1passwordanywhere). I get the following error:

Problem loading 1Password data file
A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it.
Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips.

The suggestions in the Help Guide did not help.

The problem exist in Chrome and IE.

The desktop version works fine.

The Android and iPhone mobile versions work fine.

My dropbox folder is fully synced.

Can you please help solve why the online version won't work. I never had trouble in the past.

Thanks in advance for your help.
J.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry you're having that problem, @jcal74.

Are you viewing 1PasswordAnywhere (the 1Password.html file) on your local computer file system or on your private Dropbox web site?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

@jcal74

The Dropbox site has had some rendering issues as of late. (Last 1 month maybe) For folks using Internet Explorer 10 they had to turn compatibility mode off, or various areas of the site would not function or only load partial pages. The amount of issues has subsided as of late (last few weeks) but we still mention this to folks that are experiencing issues.

We have begun to suggest toggling compatibility mode even with lower versions if folks experience issues. Internet Explorer 10 has been the main culprit though. So you may wish to throw that in the mix if its a web issue.

As to Chrome I have no clue its our backup recommendation to everything. :(

Your friendly Dropbox and 1Password Moderator.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Please make sure your 1Password data is named 1Password.agilekeychain, then navigate Chrome to the Dropbox web site (not the Dropbox folder on your computer), then open 1Password.html

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jcal74, the problem as I understand it is that IE doesn't render 1PasswordAnywhere correctly, and other browsers consider it a security risk to grant access to the local file system, which is why you need to view the copy in your private Dropbox web site.

• jcal74
    jcal74
    Community Member
    Options

Hello All,

Thanks for all the updates. To clarify:

1) I am accessing the "1Password.html" via the Dropbox website and do not access the file on my local computer. I go to dropbox.com, login and navigate to the "1Password.html".
    2) I have always used Chrome and it has worked fine in the past. The only reason I used IE was to verify if the problem exists there too. Which it does - same problem in Chrome and IE: A key data file could not be loaded
    3) The folder that contains the "1password.html" files is called "1Password.agilekeychain"

As a simple test, is there a way to resync/replace the the files on web version of Dropbox? I have no problem with the destop version of 1 password so I assume there is some kind of syncing issue?

J.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In my test just now in Windows 8.1, I was able to open the 1Password.html file on my private Dropbox web site in both IE and Chrome with no problem reported; but when I tried to view the copy of 1Password.html in my PC's local file system, I got these messages.

Chrome 31:

Internet Explorer 11:

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jcal74 please make sure your 1Password data is named "1Password.agilekeychain" (no quotes).

If it still does not work, then you might want to repair your 1Password data.

• jcal74
    jcal74
    Community Member
    Options

How do I repair my 1password data?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

On the File menu, @jcal74, there's a Repair 1Password Data Folder command.

Note that it's not possible to have a 1Password data folder unless the name has a .agilekeychain extension, because 1Password won't open it; 1Password.agilekeychain is the recommended (and default) name.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

How do I repair my 1password data?

File > Repair 1Password Data

• jcal74
    jcal74
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! That worked.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options

Ayhan, I'm sorry you're having that problem! I've moved your post to the 1Password for Mac forum, where it'll get the attention of the experts in that program.

This discussion has been closed.