New isntallations not getting all Information

Hi, I recently had corruption one of my Windows 7 systems so I decided to reformat and do a clean install of Windows 8.1. I downloaded the latest version of 1Password for Windows 1.0.9.338, and upon installation there were 3 options and I selected to open existing 1Password data and pointed it to my DropBox account, where another Windows 7 system, a Mac, and several iOS devices sync. Was this the correct thing to do? I see my other Windows 7 system also has it's data pointed to the DropBox file just like this installation. Path is C:\Users\David\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain.

The new installation will only pull across 5 logins. Additionally, I recently got an iPad Mini Retina, and when I have 1Password sync to my DropBox only pulls in 3 logins and no other data.

My iPad Air, MacBook, and other Windows 7 machine are in sync for the most part, but on my OS X it shows a total of 200 items, but if I count up the items on my Windows 7 there are only 179.

It seems that only installations that were performed some time ago work. Between the Windows 7, iPad Air, and MacBook, there are syncs for passwords I've recently created. I've tried the repair 1Password data several times from the Windows systems but it doesn't help.

Also, how can I remove 1Password completely so I'm presented with the original 3 dialog boxes again on how to proceed with the data to see if I can do anything differently?

Thanks,

David

Comments

• DavidM
    DavidM
    Community Member

Additional info: When I try DropBox Anywhere by logging into my DropBox account and opening the HTML file and typing my password it says:

The page at https://dl-web.dropbox.com says:

"An error occurred while processing item 'F1E6D89328CA04795E14E727D2DA6FFF'. Decryption failed"

And on the left pane it says there are 5 login items, but I then click OK and and taken back to the unlock screen.

• DavidM
    DavidM
    Community Member

In case anyone was wondering I found out what it was. It was a DropBox syncing problem! I noticed DropBox wasn't syncing right. So I deleted the 1Password folder in DropBox, had my iPad Air with good data resynch to DropBox, and now my new install and my iPad mini Retina have all the data.

• DavidM
    DavidM
    Community Member

Oh, and this also fixed my 1Password Anywhere issue too!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @DavidM—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.