If I buy 1Password for Mac, do I also have to buy it for iPhone and iPad?

Options
Drax
Drax
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Lounge

If I buy 1Password for Mac, do I also have to buy it for iphone & ipad etc?

Comments

• Drax
    Drax
    Community Member
    Options

nevermind

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It looks like you already got this sorted out, Drax, but for anyone coming across this thread in the future:

Apple doesn't provide a mechanism for bundles or discounts on the App Store, so 1Password for iOS is necessarily a separate purchase. That said, 1Password for iOS is a universal app (works on both iPhone & iPad) available in the App Store. Purchases made through Apple are tied to the Apple ID used to make the purchase. So all your iPhones and iPads can use this one purchase as long as they are signed into the App Store with the same Apple ID.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask if you need any more details! :)

• gershon
    gershon
    Community Member
    Options

If I buy 1PW for iOS and I have the 30 day beta on my iMac, can I transfer all my entries to the iPad before my iMac version expires?

• Ben
    Options

@gershon You could setup syncing between 1Password 4 for Mac and 1Password 4 for iOS, even if the Mac version is a trial, yes. It is worth noting, however, that having the trial expire does not lock you out of your data. It simply prevents you from creating new entries, until you purchase the product.

You can find sync instructions in the respective user guides.

Thanks!

• LisaEllen
    LisaEllen
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1PW for my Mac and my iPhone- do I need to also purchase it for the PC (Windows) in my office??
    Advice will be appreciated!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes, if you want to use 1PW on a Windows machine, you will need to buy a Windows license. But there is a bundle price for Mac + Windows. Check with AgileBits (not sure if it is listed in their pricing) for the cost to change your license from Mac to the bundle.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you have not purchased a Mac license yet but you need both 1Password for both Mac and Windows, please purchase the Mac+Windows bundle. It is the first thing listed at the top of our online store:

Buy 1Password at the AgileBits online store

If you already have a Mac license, you can enter your existing Mac license key to get a discount on a Windows license. There is no need to buy the bundle since then you would end up paying for a mac license twice: once by itself and again in the bundle.

Add a 1Password for Windows license as an existing 1Password for Mac user

This discussion has been closed.