Windows and Mac don't Sync anymore

Hi, since I have 1Password 4 on the Mac, my Windows 8 PC with 1password do not sync anymore. I use dropbox for sync. For example yesterday I have created a new item, Pinterest, on the Mac. I have it on my Mac, which has properly synced with dropbox, but I haven't it on Windows.
I have also tried to open my data with 1password anywhere, double clicking from the dropbxo website, and the new item Pinterest is not there.
My Android app will not update either.
I have already locked my credit card and web banking credentials a couple of times, this issue is getting worst every day.
If I delete the data and reinitialize the data vault, all passwords are there.
Thanks for any help

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, Roberto.

If you don't see the new Login item for Pinterest.com in 1PasswordAnywhere, that means your Mac isn't sync'ing your 1Password data to Dropbox.

On your Mac, please add a simple text file (it can even be empty) to the root Dropbox folder. Does that file show up on your private Dropbox web site? If so, does it also show up on your PC?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Are you sure 1Password on your Mac and 1Password for Windows are syncing to the exact same .agilekeychain in your Dropbox?

• DavidM
    DavidM
    Community Member

Hi, I had similar issue I posted about. I had to delete the 1password folder out of my Dropbox account and recreate it. I saw that there were a number of DropBox "conflicted copy" files within the folder with all the .1password files. Try looking into your 1Password folder in DropBox and see if you have files that have "conflicted copy" in the filename.

Question for the developers: Does 1Password do anything to avoid DropBox file replication conflicts as described here: www.dropbox.com/help/36/en such as putting a system identitier in the file names?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013

Does 1Password do anything to avoid DropBox file replication conflicts as described here: www.dropbox.com/help/36/en such as putting a system identitier in the file names?

No because Dropbox usually takes pretty good care of those conflicts. However, we're planning on adding an automatic conflict resolver to 1Password version 4.

• Roberto Buonanno
    Roberto Buonanno
    Community Member

Hi, it's the second time I lock my web banking access :( Yes I confirm that I am using the same dropbox archive, I have only one. What other mistakes could I have done?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013

Roberto, if it's still true (as you wrote in your first post, above) that a Login created on your Mac isn't making it to 1PasswordAnywhere (the 1Password.html file on your personal dropbox.com web site), then the Mac isn't sync'ing correctly to that Dropbox account. That, in turn, would explain why the new Login item doesn't show up in 1Password on your PC or Android device.

Please check your sync settings in 1Password for Mac carefully, to make sure you're using Dropbox sync'ing.

Make sure, too, that your 1Password vault on the Mac is named 1Password.agilekeychain; without the .agilekeychain extension, 1Password for Windows will not recognize it as a valid 1Password data folder (nor, if I remember correctly, will 1Password for Android).

If you're sure everything is correct, but the problem persists, please add a small text file (even an empty one) somewhere in your Dropbox folder hierarchy (NOT in the 1Password directory, though) on your Mac, give it a moment to sync, and make sure it shows up on your private dropbox.com web site.

Let us know what you find out, Roberto.

This discussion has been closed.