MacUpdate bundle .1pif import problem

Hello, I just tried to import the .1pif file generated by MacUpdate for the soft bundle I purchased. Unfortunatly I don't succeed to get it imported in my 1Password 3.3.8.21 (buid 32009). I tried:

• with the "import" menu;
  • by double-clicking on the file;
  • by dragging and dropping it in 1P

and I am always stucked on the import dialog box asking me to select an import format from a list that is empty (cf screen shot)

Any idea to get it done ?

Thank you ! Philippe, Switzerland

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @koapus,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble importing here.

There is actually a known issue with importing .1pif files in 1Password 3 on Mavericks. We do, however, have a workaround - give the following a try:

1. I'd like to ask you to run a Terminal command for me. To open Terminal, open the Finder, click Applications, then open the Utilities folder. Find Terminal and open it. Then copy and paste the line below, then press return on your keyboard:

PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password

1. Click File > Import and choose the .1pif file that you would like to import - it should work this time!

Let us know if that works for you. If not, please let us know at what point the trouble began, and we'll continue from there.

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member

Hi Megan, thank you. When I paste your command line, I get this:

iMac-de-PF:~ Philippe$ PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password
    -bash: /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password:No such file or directory

I am currently running Mac OS 10.7.5.

Normal ?

Philippe

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @koapus,

Thanks for confirming your operating system for me. My instructions above won't be much use to you then, my apologies!

It sounds like there may be a problem with the .1pif file itself here. Unfortunately we don't have a perfect solution for this. We have mentioned this to MacUpdate in the hopes that they will be able to fix the file on their end, but in the meantime, you might be better off manually inputting the software information.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

• koapus
    koapus
    Community Member

Ok, now that I have some days off, I know what I'm gonna do ;-)) Thank you for your help. Philippe

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Philippe ( @koapus ),

I hope you enjoy your day off organizing 1Password ;) Happy Holidays!

This discussion has been closed.