HockeyApp only lets me register iOS / Mac devices?

Options
Groxx
Groxx
Community Member

I can't send app feedback (through HockeyApp) until I register a device, but there doesn't seem to be a way to register an android device, just iOS and Mac.

Unless you'd prefer I / we do support and feedback through this forum, so this isn't a problem? I'm happy to do either.

Comments

• Groxx
    Groxx
    Community Member
    Options

Bleh, I should really try more than three times before posting :|
    tl;dr they don't recognize Firefox-Android as a mobile browser, and never gave me the option to download the HockeyApp app, until I opened it in Chrome.

The second part of the question still stands though - have a preference on where feedback goes?

• Hi @Groxx,

No problem! I’m happy to hear you were able to register your device! :)

As for your second question, we don’t really have a preference. You can send feedback either through Forums or via email:
    support+androidbeta@ agilebits.com

So it’s really up to you! However, depending on the situation, I would recommend addressing any personal and security concerns over email.

You’re feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to it! :)

• Groxx
    Groxx
    Community Member
    Options

BTW I emailed HockeyApp about this, and they said they'll have a fix in about a week, so hopefully others won't hit the same problem. Firefox doesn't report OS version, so they had it blocked due to some problems with Android 1.x devices.

Thanks! I'll do so :)

• Hi @Groxx,

That sounds great. Thanks for reporting the issue!

I should also mention we disabled the feedback system on HockeyApp! So please continue to share your thoughts by email or in forum. :)

This discussion has been closed.