Google Drive Support

Options

Comments

• jamesbo
    jamesbo
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive integration. I wonder when will we be expecting it?

• saad
    Options

Thank you for letting us know you want to see this feature too! :)

• Sean_Black
    Sean_Black
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive. Although this is the Android thread, I would also love to see it on all platforms :)

• @Sean_Black‌ You're absolutely right. Any plans to implement Google Drive support on Android will also need to include plans to implement that support on our other platforms as well. Thanks for the feedback!

• the6step
    the6step
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive. You guys are literally the only reason I have to use Dropbox.

• saad
    Options

Added your vote! :)

• ryangetsmarter
    ryangetsmarter
    Community Member
    Options

I see this post has been going for a year now. I was wondering how many votes there are and how many you guys need in order to warrant this as something that should be developed? I really like your product and do not want to move. After our company moved over to Google drive 1password has become unusable for some people. The sync functionality just doesn't work. I have logged support requests and you guys have been great at responding, but the simple answer is we don't support Google Drive. Is there a plan here or is the default answer for this thread going to be the same for another year?

Thanks.

• mperez
    mperez
    Community Member
    Options

very interesting post: "added your vote", "added your vote", "added your vote"... for more than one year and still no feedback :-( I really appreciate 1password but am really fed up to be stuck with dropbox.

• Google Drive is among our top requested features and we appreciate the feedback we have been receiving from our users. We have started looking into the integration of Google Drive as a sync solution but quickly discovered limitations in the current version of the Android Drive SDK. We are currently in contact with Google and are working on a way to overcome these limitations. At this point, I am not able to promise when this feature will be implemented but I want all of you to know that we are taking this request very seriously.

• mperez
    mperez
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your feedback. That's the second time you invoke this argument in 2y.

I thought you were working on it, actually you're stuck for unknown reason.
    Their API is quite evoluted so I'm wondering what you need.

I'm going to evaluate alternative.

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member
    Options

You must be kidding guys!
    This is a developer from Russia (working on his own, not in a team!), and he was able to add the support for Google Drive: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.safeincloud
    Another similar dev from Ukraine: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zholdak.safeboxpro
    That's easy, come on. Why tell lies here on your forums? Shall we also suspect that you can also be telling lies in your ads about your app being secure maybe?

• StarDog
    StarDog
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks dmitri..
    I m thinking about going on another app..and the first one sounds good !
    I think 1password and dropbox must have an agreement and they don't want to develop the Google Drive sync.
    That's even most scary when you who is behind dropbox.

• StarDog
    StarDog
    Community Member
    Options

Hello 1password,

I write you this letter because it's over between us.
    In the beginning i've loved you so much, but you don't listen to me anymore, you ignore me, i've warned you a lot of times about our relationship.
    But it sounds like you preferred listen yours friends, dropbox, money,...condoleeza?
    I think it's time for us to break up.
    You need to know that i found another you.
    I think i'm love again and filled.

I wish you the best.

Bye

• Striketyp
    Striketyp
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

To be honest I find it a little worrying there's been no response from the AgileBits team for days... Despite the valid points made by various users.

I like your products a lot but I sincerely hope we'll get some more information, rather than "we're working on it" or "we ran into unforseen difficulties". Users are running away, not just those vocal in this thread.

There's a saying in my language, don't know if it translates properly but here goes:
    When you continue doing that which you already did, you will get what you already had.

• virtualbartek
    virtualbartek
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, people have some anger management issues. AgileBits has responded numerous times. Should they keep replying every time someone doesn't read the whole post with replies and writes something heated? If I was them, I would like to tell such people to just go elsewhere. They have a great product with a few things some people don't like. I would enjoy GDrive support but it's not a deal breaker. So what if they made a deal with DropBox? If they did, it was to gain access to funds to make the program better. If they did, that deal will expire at some point. You don't have to pay for DropBox. If you care enough to come on this forum to whine and complain then you obviously like the program enough to use it as it is now. Do you really not sense the love they put into it? I do. They have revolutionized my online and offline security and the program only gets better and better. Give them a break. It's getting annoying to be subscribed to this thread.

• ebelin
    ebelin
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to Drive support

• webbstevens
    webbstevens
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for drive

• putna
    putna
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for drive

• jeffBB
    jeffBB
    Community Member
    Options

This functionality is far too important to let fall away. Hopefully discussions with Google will result in a GDrive sync! Please keep at it.

• guitarman21
    guitarman21
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for GDrive

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

+1 here too. Hope that you discussions with Google will have an happy ending!

Thanks for your work to deliver always a better app.

• nexflo
    nexflo
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Google Drive.

• Striketyp
    Striketyp
    Community Member
    Options

It's been really quiet in this topic... Still wondering if there is any news. :smile:

• TranceMist
    TranceMist
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Google Drive

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Google Drive support

• jestep
    jestep
    Community Member
    Options

@saad, Seriously???

You need to either provide what those limitations are, or just say you are not going to support it. But, if you are going to create apps for android you better get started because it is google environment and is VERY supported and expected.

Here is some code to get file lists by Google to get you started....

https://developers.google.com/drive/v2/reference/files/list

• mb_nextworth
    mb_nextworth
    Community Member
    Options

I've been using 1Password with Google Drive by using Drive Autosync: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.drivesync

Seems to work well by syncing your drive folder to a local folder on your device. Can sync in any direction, but I limit it to syncing Drive -> Local only.

• kimar
    kimar
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Google Drive

• nd3r
    nd3r
    Community Member
    Options

I think it's time for the devs to actually say something about this request. All I can see is "we are going to inform over devs etc etc". I'm guessing that most of the devs have noticed it already :)

Atleast say something about the release date, is it 2015,2016 or 2020?

Also, Google Drive was updated today:
    "With iOS 8's extensibility technology, Google Drive version 3.4.0 allows users to upload and save files from other apps without touching the main Google Drive app. Prior to the update, users were relegated to opening the cloud storage app and uploading from there."

• Striketyp
    Striketyp
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sad to say it no longer surprises me there is no response from the agilebits team.... :neutral_face:

This discussion has been closed.