Will 1password save login details of more than two entries per site

Hi,
Just tried the trial , looked good, tried a few logins worked well, then tried a 5 th no go, I had read that the trial was limited by the number of logins etc.

So thought the program was good ,I have lots of different sites so many rules on passwords etc so 1password seemed to be the answer.

So paid, remembered to put the details in software part , cool .

running the beta chrome app, realised only registers when you put the login details in, not for saved auto sign in sites as I use speed dial 2 on chrome.

So off I go to save a few logins, problem with e bay , tried logging off then on then change user, manually type in the details on the chrome brouser window login page, still nothing the chrome 1password app just sits there nothing.

I logged in to Facebook, 1password chrome app there "do you want me to save password".... it works, back to e bay... no wont work.

Over to autiva, yes back working, great saved another two logins, then the third.....no nothing.

See a trend its only saving two logins from one site???

Strange but true, same settings two strikes then your out!!

So a question is it windows 8.1 chrome beta app or ?? what 1password limits the number of logins recognised?? is there a setting to change this??

Can anyone help put me in the right direction.

Hopefully

John

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @bubbleless.

I'm not sure I can grasp everything you've described, but:

• There is no limit to the number of Logins and other items you can save during the 30-day trial. After the trial expires, you'll be limited to twenty items.

• There is no limit to the number of Login items you can save for any particular domain or specific web site.

• 1Password does not support beta or other non-stable build channels. Please see the Browsers tab for a complete description of versions with which our extensions are intended to work.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• bubbleless
    bubbleless
    Community Member

Hi Dbrown,

Thanks for the reply.

"There is no limit to the number of Logins and other items you can save during the 30-day trial. After the trial expires, you'll be limited to twenty items."

I wish I knew that before I paid for the full version

"There is no limit to the number of Login items you can save for any particular domain or specific web site."

Just my experience from the places I log into

""1Password does not support beta or other non-stable build channels. Please see the Browsers tab for a complete description of versions with which our extensions are intended to work.""

I take it you think I am beta testing chrome no.

I am using latest windows 8.1, with no problems, with chrome browser latest upgrade whatever that is.

I have downloaded the 1password for windows and the associated chrome app from the 1password site, which is ,1Password Beta 3.9.21.1.

From my short experience of 1password.:

There is an 1password app in the browser, that when you log in to a new site thats not in 1password, it recognises this and asks whether you want to save the details to 1password.

This worked just like that no problem.

facebook, a couple of forums, saved

I have multi logins on some sites

Again two of the login details saved to 1password .

But with the third it did not recognise this as a new log in page, so I didn't get a message from the browser app.

I have just logged in to the two domains to try and get the 1password app for the chrome browser to "auto" detect the login details to save on 1password.

It will not auto detect the third set of login details.

so for the two sites that I have more than two users 1password will not save any more than two sets of login details.

I hope that explains my problem a little better

I am using the 1password chrome app from 1 password.
    I have saved two login pages from two sites and no the browser app will not detect the third login pages

• bubbleless
    bubbleless
    Community Member

I have no idea how to link the discussion but you edited this this 4 weeks ago, but looks like its very similar.

DBrown

Oct 2011 edited 12 Nov 2013 #3

Thanks for the follow-up, bbelzer.

Since posting my previous reply, I have learned that this is a "known issue": In the extension for Chrome, you currently cannot save a new Login for a site for which you already have one or more Login items saved. We believe this is fixed in a version that is currently in internal "alpha" testing. There is no information available about when that fix might become available in a Beta build or regular release.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

So has anything come available in the month since the post was last edited??

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

"There is no limit to the number of Logins and other items you can save during the 30-day trial. After the trial expires, you'll be limited to twenty items."

I wish I knew that before I paid for the full version

I'm sorry that I don't understand. Registering the software will allow you to install 1Password for Windows on as many PCs as you like, as long as you're the only one using 1Password on those computers. Unlicensed, you'd only be able to try it out for thirty days before being restricted to 20 items.

"1Password does not support beta or other non-stable build channels. Please see the Browsers tab for a complete description of versions with which our extensions are intended to work."

I take it you think I am beta testing chrome no.

You wrote "is it windows 8.1 chrome beta app or ??" which I interpreted to be a reference to the Chrome beta app. I apologize if that wasn't what you meant to write.

I didn't think the problem with the Chrome (which you quoted in your follow-up post, above) was causing the problem, because I assumed it would've prevented you from saving even a second Login item, before you ever got to a third. As I wrote above, it was an "overheard" conversation, and I may have missed an element of it.

I will test saving two and then three Login items for a single web site to see whether I can reproduce the problem.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013

it did not recognise this as a new log in page, so I didn't get a message from the browser app.

whenever this happens, please do this:

1. navigate to the login page
    2. enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the login
    3. click on the 1Password button in your web browser
    4. unlock, and then click on the + button in the upper-right corner

From here, you can manually save a new login item.

• bubbleless
    bubbleless
    Community Member

Hi svondutch,

navigate to the login page..

enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the login.
    click on the 1Password button in your web browser.
    unlock, and then click on the + button in the upper-right corner.

From here, you can manually save a new login item..

Thanks for the workaround. and it works... ;)

Am I right in thinking it should do this automatically?

• bubbleless
    bubbleless
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

You wrote

"is it windows 8.1 chrome beta app or ??" which I interpreted to be a reference to the Chrome beta app. I apologize if that wasn't what you meant to write.

I didn't think the problem with the Chrome (which you quoted in your follow-up post, above) was causing the problem, because I assumed it would've prevented you from saving even a second Login item, before you ever got to a third. As I wrote above, it was an "overheard" conversation, and I may have missed an element of it.

I will test saving two and then three Login items for a single web site to see whether I can reproduce the problem.

Sorry for any confusion, looking forward to hearing from you.

I have a work around which isn't too bad, but it would be nice to have a fully working version, so I don't end up duplicating my 1password entries.

Many thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thank you, @bubbleless.

This discussion has been closed.