A few easily-reproduced visual glitches in iOS 7 (b22)

Mike Beasley
Mike Beasley
Community Member

Hey guys, got a few little bugs for you. I've embedded annotated screenshots below, but I'll go ahead and write up the issues in this post, too. None of these are major/app-breaking issues, but I didn't see any of them reported so I figured I'd drop a note.

For the record, I'm on an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1b2. These issues also existed on beta 1, but I didn't test 7.0.4 so I can't confirm whether they exist there, too.

This issue is caused when logging in through Dropbox during the onboarding process. For some reason all Dropbox pages are presented with their heads chopped off.

Here part of the app shows through at the bottom of the lockscreen, which is apparently not long enough to cover it all the way.

A cousin of the previous bug, this one is caused by exiting the app while on the lockscreen, then going to the multitasking switcher. The bottom item on the screen below the lock panel (in this case nothing, but usually the login name associated with the favorite item at the bottom of the screen) shows through.

And last, the onboarding screen has this weird dark status bar.

Comments

• Very thorough Mike, I love the screen shots! Most of these are on our list, but I'll be sure we've got a bug report filed for each one just in case.

Thanks!

best,
    Michael Fey
    [email protected]
    AgileBits

• gabriel_rinaldi
    gabriel_rinaldi
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

I would add one more:

When you enable the Quick Unlock Code, the Change Unlock Code cell shows 90sec which I believe does not make sense here is is actually the Clear Clipboard cell being reused.

This is on 4.5b24

• @gabriel_rinaldi Thanks for additional information. I'm not quite sure what you're describing here, could you go into some more detail for me? Thanks!

best,
    Michael Fey
    [email protected]
    AgileBits

• gabriel_rinaldi
    gabriel_rinaldi
    Community Member

@MrRooni I'm sorry, it looks like the image is broken. Here is the link: http://gnr.me/NU85

What happen is if you have the "Quick Unlock Code" disabled, after you enable it, the "Change Unlock Code" cell shows "90 sec" on the right side, that has nothing to do with that menu item.

Since I'm a developer, I know the reason for that to happen, which is the default UITableView behavior to reuse it's cells, so the "90 sec" from the "Clear Clipboard" menu now shoes on that new cell too.

• Ah ha! I see it. Thanks Gabriel! I'll be sure to enter that one into our bug tracker as well. Good find!

best,
    Michael Fey
    [email protected]
    AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.