Mac 1PW 3.8.21 NOT SYNCING with iOS 1PW 4.3.2

JWJ
JWJ
Community Member

Hi,

I am running Mac 1PW 3.8.21 on Mac OS 10.8.5 & 10.7.5 and iOS 1PW 4.3.2 on an iPhone & an iPad (iOS 7) and an iPod Touch (iOS 6).

I store & sync the 1PW file using Dropbox.

In the last month or so, new entries made on Mac OS do NOT get synced to the iOS devices.
I have tried manually initiating the sync in both worlds.
I do all my editing on the Macs and have not, to date, tried going the other way.

Regards,
Jake

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JWJ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties keeping 1Password 3 for Mac and 1Password 4 for iOS in sync.

I've got a few basic things that we want to check regarding Dropbox first, before we get into the serious troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your computer
    • Check that you are logged in with the same account on all computers and devices
    • Confirm that Dropbox sync is selected in 1Password > Preferences > Sync on your Mac
    • Confirm that Dropbox is selected in Settings > Sync on your iOS device

If all of those items check out, let's run a test and see where things are getting tripped up:

• Create a test entry on your Mac ("Test, Mac") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on your iOS device ("Test, iOS") and add some data
    • Does 'test for Mac' show up on your iOS device?
    • Does 'test for iOS' show up on your Mac?
    • Log in to the Dropbox website and click on the 1Password.html file inside your 1Password.agilekeychain folder
    • Enter your Master Password
    • Do either or both of your test entries show up in your database here?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

• JWJ
    JWJ
    Community Member

Hi,

Sorry about not getting back sooner.

Other than logging into the Dropbox website, I carried out everything you suggested before I posted the discussion item.

Around 23 or 24 December the missing items (the "real" ones and the test ones) appeared on the iOS devices.

That being said, 1PW now crashes when rotated to or opened in landscape mode on the iPad.
    I will open a separate item for this.

Regards,
    Jake

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JWJ,

Thanks so much for letting me know that things are syncing correctly now! I'll respond to your new item in the appropriate place :)

This discussion has been closed.