Syncing doesn't stop

soffan73
soffan73
Community Member
edited January 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

A couple of days ago when I tried to log in on 1 password on my Mac it said syncing and then slowly started showing numbers.. 1, 2, 3 and so on. I thought it was just syncing what I have (which is 54 different passwords or websites) but it went long up into the hundreds. Just now it went as far as 335 before I couldn't take it anymore. It stops as soon as I do something else on the computer.

I have cleared my browsing history a few times the last few days to get better deals on airfare, that is the only thing I can think of that might have screwed it up. No updates or anything like that (as far as I know).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank so much
Sophie

Comments

• soffan73
    soffan73
    Community Member

Now when I tried to save this login (for the discussion board) it won't let me. I press unlock after I've put in my master password in the little box but nothing happens.

Something is going on.

Anyone know what?

Thank you
    Sophie

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Sophie ( @soffan73 ),

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble here. I'll need just a bit more information to better track down this issue:

• What version of 1Password are you using, and what version is your operating system?
    • Are you seeing this counting in the main app or in the browser extension? If you are seeing this in the main app, could you please take a screenshot? There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. You can save the image to a service like Dropbox or Droplr and include a link in your reply.

Once we know a bit more about what's going on here, we'll be in a better position to help :)

• soffan73
    soffan73
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

I didn't realized anyone answered me so sorry for my late answer…
    Maybe email is better..?

I'm using version 3.8.20 and I have Mac version 10.7.5

Not sure about sharing dropbox here but maybe this works..
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dd5qom42g3ph6iz/frS9pIX5m4
    This goes on forever or until I click on something else. When I click on something else it just goes away.

Thank you!
    Sophie

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Sophie ( @soffan73 ),

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that information. We can certainly continue this conversation by email if you prefer, but that screenshot has been immensely helpful, and I think I have a solution ready for you! I'd like you to follow the instructions here to reinstall the Safari extension.

If you are still having trouble connecting after reinstalling the extension, feel free to post here again, or send us an email at support+forum@ agilebits .com with a link to this discussion and we'll continue through there! :)

• soffan73
    soffan73
    Community Member

Thanks so much Megan!
    It worked like a charm :-)

I think I have an old version (10.7.5) and I might have updated password1 and that is why it was a bit out of whack.
    I downloaded the older version when I reinstalled it and it works great.

Thanks again!
    Sophie

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Sophie ( @soffan73 ),

I'm so glad to hear that you're all sorted out :) Please let us know if you run into any further snags!

This discussion has been closed.