Migrating data via initial local network Wi-Fi Sync not possible?

Options
texplex
texplex
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I have an old laptop w Mac OS 10.7.5 with AppStore purchased 1Password 3.9.6, which is the max version for 10.7.5, although I am allowed to upgrade to 1Password 4. I sync this with my iPad with 1Password for iOS 4.3.2 via USB Sync. It works (w an annoying bug, but anyway).

I have now added a brand new laptop to this fleet, Mac OS 10.9.1. So with my AppleID have downloaded 1Password for Mac 4.1.

Obviously I wish to migrate my 1Password data to this new Mac. I wish do do it locally, not via Dropbox or iCloud. In principle it should be possible via Wi-Fi Sync between the iPad and the new Macbook.

So I start 1Password 4 for Mac and tell that I am already a user. I am asked where my data is. I click "Another device". There I only get a link to information how to migrate data via Dropbox and iCloud and there is no way to continue. Wi-Fi Sync is grayed out and cannot be chosen. So in effect this option is not available for initial migration. Or am I missing something?

There is an option to answer "This Mac" to question "Where is your data?". I would be happy to copy any files, keychain and so forth, from my old Mac (with 1Password 3.9.6) to my new one. As I understand it 1Password 4 will read and update such files, correct? Is there any documentation on how to do this, what file/s I have to move manually and where to place them on the new Mac?

Comments

• Automated Reply
    Automated Reply
    Community Member
    Options

To do it manually, copy the keychain file (1Password.agilekeychain) located in /Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Library/Application Support/1Password/ from the old Mac to the corresponding folder on the new Mac.

This discussion has been closed.