dropbox sync speed and timing

louabill
louabill
Community Member

I just upgraded my iPhone version so that I could sync via dropbox.

It seems my phone now syncs very often. Syncs can take several minutes to complete.

Is there some way to change the syncs to happen less frequently on the phone, or is this something set by how often dropbox syncs?

Thanks for any tips.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I wonder if you are reacting to a display bug that causes the gears that show syncing to continue to spin after syncing is complete. The arrows in the orange box in the sync portion of the setup menu do the same. It so, syncing has actually already completed. You can verify that by tapping the Sync option in setup. You will see that under the Dropbox entry there it shows when syncing was last completed. If you then tap Sync Now, it will sync again and the gears then usually (but not quite always) stop spinning.

This is just a thought. It could be that there is another issue underlying your observation, but I thought this was at least worth mentioning. The developers say that the bug has been squashed and we will see the result in the next iOS update.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @louabill,

As @hawkmoth says, there is a bug in the current iOS version that can cause the sync gears to continue spinning even after a sync has completed. It is a cosmetic bug only and does not affect the actual syncing, but it can be a bit confusing. Luckily it has been tracked down and you should see an update soon that fixes this.

Just to give you a bit more detail about Dropbox sync in general, sync will be initiated whenever you change an entry in 1Password. Your initial sync may take a while, depending on the size of your password database, but subsequent syncs should be much shorter. It will, of course, depend on the speed of your internet connection.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.