Logins not showing up in browser extension

Options
jsvanloock
jsvanloock
Community Member

New logins are not always showing up in the browser extension. I can do a search for the login and it is there, but it does not show when I hover over the login script

Comments

• jsvanloock
    jsvanloock
    Community Member
    Options

I just realized that this is a syncing problem. The new logins are not showing up because dropbox is not syncing properly. I have to disable and then restart syncing for everything to work. I think this issue is a known problem with 1password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jsvanloock,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the browser extension right now. In 1Password 4 the main app and the Mini (browser extension) both access the same database, so you shouldn't be seeing any discrepancies between data.

If you are missing an entry from the extension, please edit the item in the main app and ensure that the 'display' option is set to 'Always'. :)

If you are seeing sync problems as well, please see our post about 1Password Losing Sync Permissions after a System Restart.

• fjd1967
    fjd1967
    Community Member
    Options

On my Mac, I am having the same problem. Recently added logins are showing up in Mini and the main App, but not in the browser extension. I roof screeenshots if you would like to see.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fjd1967‌,

I'm sorry you're having trouble here. As I've mentioned above, with 1Password 4, the main app and the Mini (and thus the extension as well) use the same database, so they should all be showing the same information. To get a better idea of what's going on inside your system, I'd like to ask you to send us a Diagnostic Report:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• fjd1967
    fjd1967
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I sent the diagnostic report. If it helps, it appears that the Mini has the current, properly synced information and the browser extension is somehow pulling from an old file. (I base this on the fact that I set up some new passwords when I was in a separate location and they show up in the Mini drop down list but not the browser extension drop down.)

• fjd1967
    fjd1967
    Community Member
    Options

i have uninstalled and reinstalled the 1Password extension several times.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @fjd1967,

Thanks so much for sending that Report in to us. We'll have a better idea of what is going on in your system once we take a look at that. Our support team will follow up directly via email so that we're not duplicating efforts of causing any confusion between here and there. :)

• Dr. Loomis
    Dr. Loomis
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing this as well. The login is present in the main app (4.4.1 from the Mac App Store), but not via the browser extension. It doesn't come up with a search, and if I look at the entire list of logins it's not there either.

Did anyone figure out a fix for this issue? Uninstalling and reinstalling the Firefox extension did not resolve the issue.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi Dr. Loomis,

Could you please open the main app, edit the login not displaying in the browser extension, and ensure that display is set to Always:

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• Dr. Loomis
    Dr. Loomis
    Community Member
    Options

That was it; thanks! Do you know why it would be set that way? I didn't set it that way intentionally; is that a default behavior in certain scenarios or something?

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi Dr. Loomis,

You're welcome! I'm glad that fixed it. :)

I can't say for certain why it was set that way, but if it was previously an "Account" item in version 3, it does not display in the browser in version 4 by default. That may be the cause.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.