ERROR: File encryptionKeys.js doesn't exist ? [SOLVED] + Adding a UI suggestion

Kaushik Gopal
Kaushik Gopal
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Android

Hi folks, so glad to get hold of the Android beta.

I'm off to a slightly bumpy start though. When i try to have 1P pick my password from Dropbox, I get the error message "ERROR: File encryptionKeys.js doesn't exist".

Back on my Mac, when i show the package contents of my 1Password.agilekeychain file (located at ~/Dropbox/1Password/), I don't find the encryptionKeys.js file.

I'm not sure this is even a problem with the Android beta specifically. Cursory reading on the forums, leads me to believe that I should be having this file in agilekeychain file in the first place?

I've had no problems with my Mac & iOS platforms in the past.

Cheers.

Comments

• Kaushik Gopal
    Kaushik Gopal
    Community Member

So i went ahead and recreated my 1Password Vault from scratch, following the guide : http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/start-over.html

1Password Android seems to be syncing everything now. Hope that helps anyone with a similar issue.

A suggestion for the UI sync: When setting up the dropbox sync, we're asked to enter our 1Password master password, the icon shown though is of Dropbox, which could lead one to think that they have to enter their Dropbox password, if not following correctly. Nothing critical, just a suggestion.

cheers.

• Hi Kaushik,

I'm happy to hear you were able to fix the 'encryptionKeys.js doesn't exist' error. Thanks for sharing your solution. Alternatively, you can regenerate your data file in Dropbox using 1Password 4!

1Password never asks for your Dropbox password, it uses Dropbox's API so your password is requested on www.dropbox.com or within the Dropbox app if you have it installed. Thanks for your UI suggestion, I will pass it on to our developers.

This discussion has been closed.