Need to redirect 1PW4 on my new Mac to correct vault

Options
windigo76
windigo76
Community Member

Activating my 1PW on new computer I got the screen "I'm new to 1P.." and "I've used 1P...before". Selected I've used it and then directed it to the wrong file in Dropbox where I thought it should sync. I realized the mistake when it opened up with less than half the passwords that I currently have. I went back to my older computer and located the correct link. I then completely deleted the app on my new computer and started over with a new downloaded version of 1PW4. It now automatically opens up with the wrong database. How do I get it to link with the newer database? For now I am keeping it closed as I do not want it to corrupt my current sync file.

Comments

• Hey @windigo76,

You'll want to start over with 1Password 4. But instead of just deleting the app, you'll need to follow these instructions:

Starting over

Hope that helps! :)

• debbryant
    debbryant
    Community Member
    Options

I've done the same thing apparently, I did a clean o/s install on my laptop, reloaded 1Password from the mac app store, and ended up with the wrong database. I keep my database in DropBox, i'm not sure where the one came from that has 27 items instead of the 257 I had (and still see on on other systems I run the app on). I don't recall directing it to any specific database it seemed to have found it after an initial complain about the agile keychain)

I've got your directions on starting over, but am concerned that once I have a clean slate (which I did yesterday when I tried to reinstall) I'll end up with a wrong database again (don't even know where the old one came from). How can I be sure it's finding the right database in DropBox, where it has lived successfully since 1password enabled the feature/service?

Am very concerned about corrupting my good file in the process - yikes.

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @debbryant,

I'm sorry you've somehow ended up with the wrong 1Password data in 1Password 4. To fix that problem please give this a try:

After going through the starting over guide make sure to select the correct data during the next set up. If you see this screen:

… try selecting click here ▾ to select a different option. to confirm it's using the correct data. When there are multiple keychains in Dropbox, for example, 1Password may automatically pick the wrong one and you have to manually choose the right one. If the 1Password setup isn't finding your data in Dropbox for some reason then this guide can help with doing it manually:

Helping 1Password find existing data in Dropbox

I hope that works for you. If you're still stuck after that we'll be here to help!

This discussion has been closed.