Unused logins and other items

ronen
ronen
Community Member

I have unnecessary / old logins and other unused items that I want to keep in another place like a new Folder ...
How can I move these items to a new location (In 1P ) ?
Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronen,

You have a few options for organizing old Logins:

• Use File > New Folder and then drag all your old items into this folder
    • Tag the old items with an "archive" tag and then sort them into a Smart Folder (File > New Smart Folder)
    • Create an 'Archive' vault and use Item > Share to move your old items into the 'Archive' vault (Once the old items have been transferred to the Archive vault you can delete them from your primary vault.)

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• ToBeFrank
    ToBeFrank
    Community Member

I thought this was a great idea, but when you have multiple logins selected and try to share them to the other archive, it only shares the first one. Since I have at least 200 old logins I'd like to archive, this is really tedious. I think 1Password should allow sharing multiple logins if they are selected.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @ToBeFrank.

Yup, copying/moving a large number of items between vaults one at a time is a tedious process. From RFE: copy/move multiple items between vaults:

A request to share (copy/move) multiple items between vaults is in our tracker.

Possible workarounds, mentioned earlier (post #3) in that topic, include item exporting/importing and temporary keychain syncing. If you'd like help with that or anything else please let me know.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi.

I've created a new 'Archive' vault and transferred old / unwanted data to it.
    Your other 2 option didn't remove the data from the main logins.
    But :
    In my iOS devices I can't find the new Archive vault even after iCloud syncing.
    Any help will be appreciated to find the new Archive Vault in iOS.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @ronen.

1P4 for iOS currently only supports a single vault. From Known Issues in 1Password 4 for Mac:

• [Important] If you have multiple vaults and you're syncing with Dropbox to your mobile devices, do not enable the sync for other vaults other than the primary one yet. The current iOS app does not support multiple vaults and may in fact sync one of your other vaults into the primary vault you're using in the iOS app. There will be a future iOS app update to support multiple vaults.

If you have iCloud syncing configuring in 1P4 on your Mac it's only for the primary vault. Syncing for each vault is configured separately.

Your other 2 option didn't remove the data from the main logins.

That's good; it's not intended to. :)
    @Megan was suggesting tagging and Smart Folder usage as a way to identify and organize your "archived" items within a single vault.

• ToBeFrank
    ToBeFrank
    Community Member

Unfortunately, option 1 (folders) is not very useful. The whole point of archiving the old logins (at least for me) is so they're not clogging up the logins category and the security audit. Option 2 doesn't work because it's tedious and 1P on iOS doesn't support it. Thus, I'd like to make a feature suggestion:

Add an "archive" feature. This would work just like the Trash currently does, only it would be an archive. That way we can store things we rarely (or possibly never) use but want to store for safekeeping without clogging up our categories and security audit. Technically, we could use the Trash to do this, but in my mind anything I place in Trash is safe to delete forever, which is not the same as archiving.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited January 2014

Thanks for replaying.
    I don't criticize anyone and I'm very satisfied from 1P !
    But...
    I simply want that unused / old data (logins and etc') will not appear in my other used data.
    I don't need a new Archive.
    I don't need smart folder.
    I don't need Tags.
    I only want a simple solution to divide between unused data and used data in a new simple folder that will NOT appear in "other places"

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

Hi, @ToBeFrank and @ronen.

Add an "archive" feature.

It's a common suggestion, e.g.:

:)

Using a separate "archive" vault is the closest we have to an "archive" folder at the moment.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

I've returned to **one Vault **as other solutions doesn't solve my issue .

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @ronen.

I'm sorry none of the suggestions for archiving your unnecessary, old items will work for you.

Storing those types of items out of the way in a separate vault is preferable for many people because such items are not intended to be regularly and normally accessible. Personally, I don't mind that an archive vault I've set up isn't available on iOS. There's nothing stored in it that can't wait to be accessed later from a Mac, then copied or moved back to the primary vault (and synced) if it really need to be available there.

Three features that may make archival (and other secondary) vault usage more desirable:

• Multiple vault support on iOS (at least).
    • Ability to bulk copy/move items between vaults.
    • Ability to search across multiple vaults.

All of those will definitely or likely appear in free updates.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thank you for your honest reply .
    As a end user ( not in the computer field ) - To me , these feature updates looks easy to be , but I see that it's isn't as easy as it looks.
    Thank you again
    Ronen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @ronen.

Hardcore software development was too much for me, which is why I stuck with system administration and support. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

U2 ...

This discussion has been closed.