Auto fill in and saving "pop-up passwords"

Options
Phan123
Phan123
Community Member

Hi,

i just got 1password for my mac and i have 2 questions.

• Is it possible to save login/password for websites where a "pop-up" appears? (for example when i want to acces sabnzb which is password protected).

• Is it possible to auto fill in the login data on websites? I used lastpass and the browser extension has filled the name/password field on the webpages so i just had to click "login". Is this possible with 1password?

Thank you!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Phan123,

Thank you for your support of 1Password - we're glad to have you here!

Is it possible to save login/password for websites where a "pop-up" appears? (for example when i want to acces sabnzb which is password protected).

You can certainly save the data for websites such as this. Let's try this:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.

For websites with pop-ups, depending on how the site is designed, 1Password may not be able to open and fill the pop-up automatically. For websites with pop-ups that do not automatically fill, simply use the ⌘\ shortcut to fill in the data once the pop-up is open.

Is it possible to auto fill in the login data on websites? I used lastpass and the browser extension has filled the name/password field on the webpages so i just had to click "login". Is this possible with 1password?

The browser extension in 1Password should do the same! Simply use the steps I provided above to save your Logins into 1Password, then to visit a site, try this:

• Click the 1Password key in the menu bar to bring up the Mini
    • Start typing the name of the site you want to visit
    • Once the correct entry is highlighted, press 'Enter' to have 1Password open the webpage and fill in your Login information.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Phan123.

@Megan mentioned:

For websites with pop-ups, depending on how the site is designed, 1Password may not be able to open and fill the pop-up automatically.

That would include basic/HTTP Authentication popups, which look like the image you've posted. There's more information about it in other topics, e.g. here and here.

This discussion has been closed.