Saving logins via Safari stable Browser extension.

Options
ronen
ronen
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

How can I access my Apple's iCloud account in Safari ?
It seems that the auto fill doesn't work in this site .

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ronen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your iCloud account using 1Password. Whenever you're having trouble with just one site, the easiest thing is to manually save a new Login:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Please let me know how that works for you! :)

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.
    NO GO !
    After Clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner , the 1Password extension disappear without any saving options ...

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@ronen

I am not sure I follow you you should be saving the iCloud login on the primary page https://www.icloud.com I am afraid I lose you where you mention clicking the gear in the upper right hand corner.

Could you give us more details or a page you wish to use 1Password on.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.
    As previous reply by Megan (Line 3) : "Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner." :
    I did as instructed but after "Select Save new login" the " 1Password extension" window Disappeared .
    So no option to "Give the entry a unique and identifiable title ".... and to save ...
    I can sent screenshots of the whole process if u advise me an e-mail address to add ...
    PS
    In other websites that have only one login it's OK.
    I think that in the iCloud website , there is a second ״Layer״ as the "Sign in ti the Cloud " appear and 1P can't auto fill it ...

• maxbug
    maxbug
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password 4.1 (410009) and I'm trying to manually save a login in Safari 7.0.1 (OS X 10.9.1). I've followed the instructions at http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/saving-logins-manually.html.
    At Step 5 when I “Save new Login”, I gather that the "1Password Autosave" popup should appear. Is that correct? Nothing happens, however.
    I have filled in all of the applicable fields. This occurs with multiple login pages.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

@ronen

Sorry about that, I was thinking literal on the iCloud website. i.e. The Gear or cog for settings. DOH

I use it all the time to login to iCloud thats what was throwing me as well. You are not the first to have an issue.

You can email support@agilebits.com with any relevant info.

1Password 4 in my case is able to save the login properly and allows me to enter a name. ?
    We can continue to see if we can get you sorted here or you are welcome to continue thru email.

If you do choose the email please include a link to this topic as well as include the version of the 1Password extension you are using.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

OK
    Thanks ...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @maxbug! I hope you don't mind my moving your question to the 1Password for Mac forum, where it'll get the attention of the experts in that version of the program.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Note: This discussion was created from comments split from the "Can't manually add logins in browsers" topic in the 1Password for Windows forum.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

@maxbug

Which version of the extension are you using. I am using the beta and do not see the same thing. I also have multiple vaults.

As a temporary fix you may wish to try the beta extension. Since the extension uses the data from the 1Password app in v4 it should be a relatively easy process to switch between the satble and the beta.

EDIT:

I just tried removing my beta extension and going back to the stable.

1. Once I did this it broke my ability to use the save new login
    2. I remove the stable and returned to the beta
    3. Multiple restarts of Safari, 1Password and the mini to no avail.

Edit 2: I was able to regain the ability after a restart.

@maxbug

I know @DBrown just created this topic but since I can reproduce it and the other user above seems to experience the same as both of us. I am going to move it once again into a joint topic.

@ronen

I have merged your topic things may appear a little confusing as it merges by post dates etc.

@ both I am going to rename the original topic to include some details on the issue.

cc/ @meagn @sjk

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

I think I am confusing 1Password or the extension. I have un installed and reinstalled the betas/stables about 6 times now checking on reproducing this. Now I am unable to reproduce it any longer.

Good news is it may be reproducible by the team and that means a fix.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ronen and @maxbug,

When you are saving a new Login, please note that you will not see the 'Save New Login' pop-up unless you have the name and password fields filled in. Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce this bug on my end. Can you confirm that you are unable to get the pop-up after filling in the required fields?

This discussion has been closed.