1Password hangs when unlocking

littleMac
littleMac
Community Member

My apologies for posting and sending an email to support but I have yet to get an acknowledgment of my email. I guess you guys aren't kidding when you say that you answer forum questions first.

So I'm trying to get 1Password to work for my father. I've been using it for months without issue but he's run into a snag. I started him with the iOS version which is working fine. Then he purchased a copy of 1Password for Mac from you directly (not Mac App Store). He is running OS X 10.9.1 and 4.1.1 of 1Password.

In a nutshell, 1Password can not open his agilebits keychain. If he types the master password in incorrectly, the screen shakes. If he types it in correctly, 1Password gets a beach ball and never stops. I know the keychain is OK because we can access it fine on his iPad, on the web through the Dropbox website, and locally through Safari from the Dropbox folder on his Mac. The real kicker is that both 1Password Mini works on the menu bar as does the Safari extension. The only thing we can not do is use the 1Password App itself.

I've trashed 1Password's Application Support folder several times with no joy. I've tired making a new keychain locally, which also hangs the app. I can get to the other parts of the app, like preferences, so long as I do not attempt to unlock his keychain. I've even tried trashing every bit of 1Password and installing my copy from the Mac App Store. We got the same problem.

Thank you.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @littleMac.

Just wanted to let you know we have received your email and will certainly be helping you resolve this issue there.

• littleMac
    littleMac
    Community Member

Thank you! I know it's a bad time of the year and I appreciate your help. I'm really trying to bring my parents up to date while I'm home.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @littleMac. 'Tis the season to help the parents and I'm glad if I can help you help yours. :)

Awaiting your reply to my reply in email …

• littleMac
    littleMac
    Community Member

I ran your diagnostic program and sent you the file. Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Got it, @littleMac -- thanks!

• jeremy6d
    jeremy6d
    Community Member

This is exactly the behavior I've run into. Was there ever any resolution here?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jeremy6d,

Even though symptoms are the same, the reason and solution for your problem might differ from @littleMac's. So we can better troubleshooting what's causing yours, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. After we've analyzed it we'll suggest what to do to resolve your specific problem. Thanks in advance!

• jeremy6d
    jeremy6d
    Community Member

I sent the report as instructed. Thanks for the quick response.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Your email with the report arrived okay, @jeremy6d - thanks! Someone on our team will be looking that over and replying to you as soon as possible.

• Al Hibbard
    Al Hibbard
    Community Member

Same boat. Next step?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi Al,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with 1Password hanging after unlocking it. Here's what I'd like you to try:

• Open 1Password, but don't try to unlock it.
    • Press Control-Command-Q (⌃⌘Q) to Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • If you're running the Agile Web Store version of 1Password:

• Move the 1Password application (/Applications/1Password 4.app) to Trash, then Empty Trash.
      • Restart your Mac.
      • Download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 from the Download AgileBits Software page and install it.
    • If you're running the Mac App Store version of 1Password:

• Remove the 1Password application (/Applications/1Password.app) using Launchpad.
      • Restart your Mac.
      • Run App Store, select the Purchases tab, locate 1Password, and click the INSTALL button to download/install a fresh copy.
    • Reopen 1Password and unlock it.

Hopefully that will fix the problem. But if you're still stuck, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful so we can keep an eye open for it. :)

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.