trying to sync to Mac, but options are 'greyed out'

DavidRees
DavidRees
Community Member

I have 1password for around 12months now. It was synced between my iPhone and mac. Recently my mac was rebuilt and I am trying to sync from iPhone back to the rebuilt mac, but can’t manage this.

I can follow all the sync instructions and have tried via wi-fi, dropbox and now via iCloud. The problem is that the sync button and these options are all ‘greyed out’, so won’t allow me to select them at all.

Any ideas please ?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DavidRees,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting your 1Password data synced up. I'm not sure if you're seeing a greyed out sync option on your Mac or on your iPhone, so I'm going to give you the basic steps to follow to get things sorted out, then please let me know if you run into any snags:

• On 1Password 4 for iOS, go to Settings > Sync and select Dropbox
    • On your Mac, ensure that Dropbox is installed and running, and that you are logged in with the same account
    • Allow Dropbox sync to finish syncing (you'll see a green checkmark on the blue box icon in the menu bar.)

If you have not yet installed 1Password for Mac:

• Install 1Password (either from your App Store purchases or from our website, depending on where you made your original purchase.)
    • Open 1Password and follow the Setting Up 1Password Guide. 1Password should find your data in Dropbox and prompt you for your Master Password.

If you have already installed 1Password for Mac but have not set a Master Password for a new vault, simply quit 1Password. When you re-open it, 1Password should detect your data in Dropbox.

Please let me know if this helps! We're here for you if you have any further questions. :)

• DavidRees
    DavidRees
    Community Member

hi
    my dropbox account is acting peculiar, and i cant log in. please can we do this via wi-fi ?
    i am quite computer literate, but am having a nightmare here.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

Hi @DavidRees,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties getting synced up. Here are the instructions for syncing 1Password 4 via Wi-Fi.

If you run into any snags, please let me know where in the process this nightmare is starting so that we can trouble-shoot from there. The more detail we have on the situation, the more quickly we'll be able to deduce a solution. :)

This discussion has been closed.