How to access a backup of an agile keychain?

pomme4moi
pomme4moi
Community Member

1Password > Preferences > Backup > Show Files indicates that the agile keychain backups are stored in
/Users/˜user/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library. In this directory I see a number of zip files. Are the agile keychain files stored within these zip files? How do I access a specific agile keychain backup? I want to see the contents of a specific Secure Note that I once created, but that I no longer have in 1Password (not in the 1P trash either). Thx

Comments

• Hey @pomme4moi,

1Password 4 stores its data in a SQLite database, not an Agile Keychain. The Agile Keychain is only used for syncing with Dropbox or Folder, and is currently being phased out. The backup ZIP files will include a OnePassword.sqlite file with your data.

To restore data from an existing backup copy, using the File > Restore... option in the menu bar. Note that restoring from a backup will replace all current data. So you could backup current data, restore old data, get secure note, then restore current data.

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member

Thanks. Will try that ...

This discussion has been closed.