1Password 4 MAS does not update

hdoll
hdoll
Community Member

My app store version of 1Password does not update to 4.1. In the info for the application it still shows version 4.0.5. When I check the app store for updates it shows the 4.1 version and says installed. I deleted 1Password by deleting it from the application folder I still could not get a redownload option from the app store (option clicking also did not change that). When I moved the application back in the application folder, I get an update indication, which downloads something, but afterwards it is still 4.0.5. Any ideas? Thank you.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hdoll,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble updating 1Password. That does sound a bit strange. Let's try this:

• Use Command - Control - Q to quit 1Password
    • Remove 1Password 4 using the Launchpad
    • Restart your system

This should give you the correct version. Please let me know how it goes!

• hdoll
    hdoll
    Community Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I only now had a chance to try it.
    The problem is that the App Store indicates that 1Password is still installed even after I remove it using the LaunchPad. Any ideas?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @hdoll.

Please try restarting your system again and see if you can install 1Password 4 from App Store after that. Or, if 1Password.app still seems to be installed try removing it again with Launchpad:

How to remove Mac App Store apps that appear in Launchpad

If you're still stuck after that please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and we'll help you get this sorted out through email; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• hdoll
    hdoll
    Community Member

Thank you for the response. I ran the diagnostic tool and found in the report that I had a copy of 1Password on a backup drive. After removing that I was able to install the newest version. Thank you again.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the followup, @hdoll.

I'm surprised a backup copy of 1Password would interfere with updating the main version. Maybe part of the confusion was caused when you originally moved 1Password.app out of and back into the /Applications folder. It's great to hear you've got it updated and working now!

This discussion has been closed.