Migrating from 1P3.7.2 to 1P4 trouble

mazzse
mazzse
Community Member
edited January 2014 in iOS

Hi, I just purchased 1Password 4.

The reason I bought it was because you stopped dropbox sync (if I got it right), because of a deap technical issue.

And now I am trying to migrate from my old 1Password PRO V3.7.2
But with no luck... :/
Because I cant sync with dropbox I only need to sync with old device, but that does not work.
It shows up in 1p3 "import_into_onepassword4" under Logins, but nothing is found there.

So I am stuckm and need som help, 1P4 does not have the oppertunity to inport Database store/restore, sto I dont know what to do.

Please Help me!
Tanx in advance!

/M

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mazzse,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your database migrated into 1Password 4. Because you didn't mention exactly what steps you've taken, I'm going to go through a few options here. Import has proven to be a bit more of a picky process than we would have liked, so please try both options, even if you've tried it previously. :)

First of all, let's try reinstalling 1Password 4 for iOS and see if it imports properly a second time:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html
    • Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and import from previous version.

If this does not work, please try opening 1Password 3 for iOS. It should notice the new version and offer to import your data over.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this gets you all set up! If you're still having trouble, our next steps will be a lot easier if you have a Mac ... please let me know if this is an option for you and we'll plan our next attack. :)

• mazzse
    mazzse
    Community Member
    edited January 2014

Thanx for your help,

But I tried to follow your step-by-step in some other forumdiscussion here, where you made a guide from 1p3 to 1p4 with the simular one that you have have been written above.
    But that didnt work, so I ended up downloading your 1password for PC trial, and manuelly enterd every 144 posts of my old "database" in to the new 1pwd4.

It did cost me lots of time, but rather that than I messed it up totally, with a misstake from my side...puuuh...

But 1pwd does not have a perfect migration... please look over that, for other releases.

I could really just have been asking for a refound. And chose a nother password program, since the migration is very complicated.
    The old 1pwd3 you could just store/restore the whole crypted file, thats great.
    Now I have to rely to the icloud/dropbox server, before, I could put the file to a USB-flashmem.

Problem solved, through a workaround.

/M

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

Hi @mazzse,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a bit of a process migrating to 1Password 4. Believe me, I know that you could have simply given up on the program and asked for a refund. We very much appreciate that you have decided to stick around! :)

Thanks so much for your feedback on import, we are working on making it a smoother process in the future. One step that we've already taken towards a simpler upgrade process is that iTunes file sharing now stores your data in our keychain format so you can transfer this data to another computer or device.

If you would prefer to not sync your 1Password database to the cloud, you might want to look at using iTunes File Sharing.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.