Safari extension shows "syncing" and/or "connecting"

bud76
bud76
Community Member
edited January 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Suddenly when I try to open 1P 3.8 from the Safari toolbar a message indicates "syncing" and/or "connecting." What's going on? HELP, please!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

Hi @bud76,

Please don't get too stressed out here. You have not lost your data! I am very sorry for the stress, but this looks like a simple error in the extension. We've seen this issue a few times since Mavericks has been released. Please follow Khad's instructions here to reinstall the Safari extension, and you should be good to go!

• bud76
    bud76
    Community Member

Hi Megan...I followed Khad's instructions but still have the same problem. BTW I would have no problem upgrading to 1P4 per his suggestion, but I want to make sure my database isn't lost.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bud76,

I completely understand. Let's take a bit of a closer look at your current system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

MAC, 1Password 3:
    If you are using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or OS X 10.7 Lion: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

If you are using OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• bud76
    bud76
    Community Member

Email sent...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bud76,

Thanks so much, we'll continue the conversation directly via email so that things don't get muddled up between here and there.

• bud76
    bud76
    Community Member

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you...

This discussion has been closed.