1Password 4.3.2 select dropbox folder for sync does not work!

nrm
nrm
Community Member

Hi, just downloaded 1Password 4.3.2. I'm using 1Password 4 for Mac as well, syncing w/ Dropbox to the folder 1Password on the top level. However, after starting 1Password 4.3.2 on my iOS the first time, I can't choose the folder where the keychain is located. Even worse, instead 1Password just creates a new one on the top level:

Dropbox
|
|--- 1Password/
|--- 1Password.agilekeychain
|

That's really bad and annoying! Any suggestions?

Best, /nm

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nrm,

When you first opened 1Password 4 for iOS, you should have been able to select "I've used 1Password before" and "Sync via Dropbox". In that case, 1Password would have found your existing keychain and synced with that.

If your primary database is still complete on your Mac, we can simply uninstall the iOS app and try again:

• Turn off Dropbox sync on your iOS device
    • Confirm that 1Password on your Mac is in fact syncing to the 1Password/1Password.agilekeychain (check the file path in Preferences > Sync)
    • Move the 1Password.agilekeychain at the root of the Dropbox folder to your desktop to get it out of the way.

To start fresh on your iOS device:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html
    • Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

This should get you all sorted out, please let me know how things work :)

• nrm
    nrm
    Community Member

Hi, all this didn't solve the problem. The app didn't identify the 1Password directory but synced the keychain file on the same level as the directory---as depicted in my first post. Looking closing I encountered a hidden file .<something>.agilekeychain---don't remember the exact name. Then I deleted this hidden file and the keychain but the directory. Then I re-installed the app... and everything worked fine. Thanks, /nm

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nrm,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get everything sorted out, although I'm sorry to hear it was a bit of a process for you!

The hidden ws.agile.1Password.settings file is what 1Password uses to find the keychain in Dropbox, so if that file was pointing at the root of the Dropbox folder instead of your existing keychain, 1Password might have created a new keychain there.

If you run into any further snags, please let us know - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.