Failure of 1Password Help to use default browser

If I click on "1Password Help" in the "Help Menu" of 1Password (version 3.4.3 beta-2), 1PW launches Safari and opens to the 1PW help page. The same thing happens if I click on "Frequently Asked QUestions" under Troubleshooting in Help Menu. This is WRONG. My default browser is Camino. 1Password uses Camino for all the other items under the Help Menu. 1Password 3.4.2-beta 2 is consistent in this failure to use default browser. If neither Camino nor Safari is open, 1 Password always opens Safari for the 1PW Help or FAQ in the Help Menu. Why?

I don't know when this ignoring of default browser was introduced into 1Password. It does not occur with version 2.1.2 on my G4 iMac OS X 10.4.11.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Safari is the browser the help file uses. I can't remember the exact reasoning but it has been that way in V3 for good little while.

Maybe one of the others can refresh my memory as well. Off hand I recall something about keeping how the help file open more like a majority of the helpfiles opening with Safari.

Thanks for bringing it up again I needed a refresher.
  • macwish
    macwish
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

Safari is the browser the help file uses. I can't remember the exact reasoning but it has been that way in V3 for good little while.

Maybe one of the others can refresh my memory as well. Off hand I recall something about keeping how the help file open more like a majority of the helpfiles opening with Safari.

Thanks for bringing it up again I needed a refresher.

Here is screen shot of 1PW Help page file with Safari on the left and Camino on the right. They look and function identically.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi macwish, thanks for pointing this out. I have brought this up to the developers on your behalf. Consistency would be nice. As of right now, I do not know whether this is by design or not, so I cannot say if it may or may not be changed in a future version. In the meantime, our help documentation is, of course, obviously accessible via Camino (and every other major browser — especially the ones with 1Password integration).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
This discussion has been closed.