Importing .1pif file

Options

Hello, I am trying to import a .1pif file in 1Password Version 3.8.21 which let 1Password crash.
I am using Mavericks and tried to set the PATH variable mentioned in other threads but 1Password keeps crashing.
The Problem is that the .1pif file is showing up as a regular folder in the Finder but I think 1Password expect it to be a "Bundle File".
I tried to rename it to name.1pif.app and then back to name.1pif but its still a folder.

Inside the Folder (which should be the .1pif file) is another File named data. 1pif which lets 1Password crash if I try to import this File.
Actually this File contains my password information in plain text which looks like concatenated JSON data.

Are there any ways to
a) import the data.1pif, which would contain the password but looses the attachments (would be OK for me)
b) transform the .1pif folder to a "Bundle File"

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @freemountain,

I'm so sorry that you're having difficulty getting your data imported into 1Password! The data.1pif file is what you should be importing, not the folder it is saved in. Are you saying that the computer crashes when importing this file directly?

As you mention there is a Terminal command needed in order to get import behaving properly:

PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin /Applications/1Password3821.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password

(Where 1Password3821.app is the name of the 1Password 3.8.21 app.)

Please note, this command will only be good for the current session of the computer, so if you re-start your system, you will need to re-enter this command before attempting to import.

• GeniusRedacted
    GeniusRedacted
    Community Member
    Options

Any chance this will be fixed in a future 1Password 3 update? I am experiencing the same Mavericks issue when transferring .1pif files to other people.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GeniusRedacted,

Right now our primary focus is on 1Password 4 for Mac, but we will issue updates to 1Password 3 for Mac as time and priority allows. I do apologize that this issue is affecting you - hopefully the workaround I posted above helps things work a bit more smoothly!

• office
    office
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Importing the file directly into 1Password 3 for Mac causes a crash of the App. I am waiting desperately for an update to fix this bug!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @office,

I'm sorry that import is being difficult for you! Please see my post #2 for the instructions on how to get this working.

This discussion has been closed.