Suggestion: Bulk password change

Greetings,

As a user of 1password in a corporate environment, I have a usage scenario that I would like to see better support for.

I have many logins that all use the same credentials. This single sign on credential needs to be changed often (several months). I want to be able to go into 1password, select all entries that use my SSO and update all the passwords in bulk.

Thanks.

-Travis N

Comments

• ocjlb
    ocjlb
    Community Member
    Keepass has a feature where multiple password entries can refer to what is essentially a 'master' entry. Specifically, my work's active directory (AD) is used as the authentication source for many web applications (and the number of applications is increasing almost daily). So, for my web applications that use my AD credentials, I would like to be able to 'point' to my master 1Password AD credential record when accessing the web applications.

Currently, I must update each web application 1Password record when my AD password changes. What I would like to be able to do is to update my 1Password AD record once, and then have the web application 1Password records (that use AD) 'point' to the master 1Password AD record, so that they are essentially updated automatically when my AD password changes.

Generically speaking, I am asking if it would be possible to have any 1Password record to be able to point to another 1Password record and use the password (or other fields).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey ocjlb,

I merged your post with this existing thread. Thanks for letting us know the feature would be useful to you as well! Let me know if Stu's above explanation is not sufficient or if you have additional questions or concerns. :-)

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.