Browser plugins do not support some sites - manual Copy&Paste necessary

Options

There are sites (like www.snip.pl) where browser plugins do not work. When I use automatic filling in of username and password fields the site throws this message: "Error: Invalid user name or password". I need to manually copy&paste the values from the 1Password plugin - then I can log in. I am using the latest version of 1Password and the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There are definitely some sites that prevent 1Password from using its standard fill mechanism.

On many such sites, though, the Auto-Type feature works to achieve the desired effect. You might try editing the Login item for such a site (in the main 1Password program), enabling the Auto-Type option, and trying again.

Please let us know how it goes.

• Walter_Sobchak
    Walter_Sobchak
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Yep! It worked out. But, frankly, I prefer copy&paste the password from the browser plugin. I rarely use the main 1P program. This method is too complicated for me.
    I just wonder how come they are able to block the standard fill mechanism...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options

It should work in the browser extension, too, @Walter_Sobchak. It's only setting the Auto-Type option that has to be done by editing the Login item in the main 1Password program.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options

It's only setting the Auto-Type option that has to be done by editing the Login item in the main 1Password program.

Please note this setting is IE-only in 1Password v3.

We're planning on providing this to all web browsers (including Chrome and Firefox and Safari) in 1Password v4.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the reminder, @svondutch!

• Walter_Sobchak
    Walter_Sobchak
    Community Member
    Options

I see. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.