An unsolicited "atta-boy" for a job well done. One user's opinion...

dbartholomew
dbartholomew
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Lounge

I sent this accolade as an email but thought I'd share it in the discussion forum because good news should be propagated.

Here's my email sent to the AgileBits support email from earlier today:

For starters, take a bow, or perhaps just smile inwardly and with humble but great satisfaction in the afterglow of a job well done if you're an introvert like me.

I want to tell you how great your product is. I use 1Password every day, all day, in nearly everything I do. Your work touches nearly every part of my life.
I've never been one to recommend software to friends and business acquaintances. I generally expect software to do what its supposed to do. But I find myself recommending 1Password to friends and co-workers because its made such a difference in my life. I tell them how simple and elegant and convenient it is. And it's inexpensive too.

I use Apple Mac computers for my daily life online at home and at work. But I'm a software developer and a webmaster, and I use Windows PCs and servers in the business world. I have a dozen Windows servers and virtual servers that I attend to every day. From web servers to SQL database servers, to test platforms and replicated CMS servers. I log in and out of systems more often than a teenage girl checks her cell phone. And speaking of cell phones, I use one of those too. I test iOS and Android apps as part of my work. So on a typical day, I'm logging into an iPad or an iPhone several times per day as well.

For all of this, I use 1Password linked to DropBox. From keeping track of my many online accounts and passwords to server credentials and encrypted "Notes", I save hours per week using your automated and secure, cross-platform password magic.

It's rare that a product does so much and makes such a difference in so many aspects of a computer user's life. 1Password is a rainbow of simplicity and perfection that spans beautifully over everything I do, shielding me from the complexities of cryptology and the rigors of security with a single password and pretty, colored icons on all of the devices I use everyday.

So take another bow. Pass this note to a co-worker. Spread the word that you are admired. Smile!

Your excellent work is appreciated.

Hearty best wishes,

-Dave Bartholomew

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Wow, Dave. This is such an amazing gift! It's simply fantastic to hear that 1Password has made such a difference in your life day to day. You may or may not know, but part of the origin story of 1Password is that Dave and Roustem were working on a lot of web projects and thought it would be a helpful little tool to be able to handle filling in web forms as they were testing the sites they were building. In addition to my work with AgileBits, I also do some freelance work for clients and you're right that 1Password is a lifesaver for managing all of those credentials.

But, of course, we've heard similar stories about how 1Password has impacted users' lives in the past from other angles including folks facing some pretty tough medical situations and bereaved loved ones working through their departed loved one's accounts to tidily settle up their digital estate to name some that spring to my mind immediately. The one common thread is that 1Password makes people's lives easier and we never tire of hearing these stories.

Of course, what was supposed to be a one-month project (This is still a running AgileBits joke.) to help their web consulting business has now turned into over eight years of phenomenal response and an AgileBits team that has grown to over 40 members. And, of course, Dave and Roustem aren't making websites for clients anymore either. :) This is all thanks to amazing users like you, without whom 1Password could never have become what it is now. It's really a privilege working with this team and creating great work for our users, and hearing such effusive praise from even one user can buoy our spirits for weeks at a time.

Personally, I'm going to bookmark this page and come back to it whenever I'm facing a tough bug I haven't cracked yet or something else has dragged me down.

• Everyone
    Everyone
    Community Member

But I'm a software developer and a webmaster

Woah, woah, woah!? You're SPIDERMAN!?

This discussion has been closed.