Syncing Multiple Vaults between 1Password Windows and Mac?

Options

I just started using 1Password on both Windows 7 and Mac using Dropbox to sync. In the Mac OS/X version there is an option to change vaults but I do not see this option in Windows. On the Windows Side I see the option to change Datafiles but the different data vaults from the Mac do not appear to be accessible. Is this a feature request or am I just missing something obvious? :)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options

Any 1Password for Mac vault (primary or secondary) can be sync'ed to 1Password for Windows using Dropbox, and 1Password for Windows can open it as a regular 1Password data folder using the vault's master password. You open it using the File > Open 1Password Data Folder command, as usual.

If your 1Password for Mac–created vaults aren't accessible on your PC, it's probably because they're not stored under the Dropbox "root" folder on your Mac. Resolve that issue, and you'll be able to open them as described above.

Notes:

• The extensions included with the current released version of 1Password for Windows will always store new Login items in whatever data folder (a.k.a. vault) was opened most recently in the main 1Password program. Keep that in mind, as you switch among data folders.

• The extensions included with 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, will include more robust integrated support for multiple vaults.

• There is no concept of "primary" and "secondary" vaults in 1Password for Windows.

• mhoner
    mhoner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, do you have any ETA for the Windows support for multiple vaults?

Cheers,

Mark

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Mark, 1Password 4 for Windows is currently in beta development. You can sign up to join the list of folks waiting to try the beta software here, if you're interested: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If your 1Password for Mac–created vaults aren't accessible on your PC, it's probably because they're not stored under the Dropbox "root" folder on your Mac

Here are instructions on how to resolve this problem: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Tutorials/share-vault.html

This discussion has been closed.