Can't sync with iPhone

Options
lpn
lpn
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Mac

I am putting this in the 1P4 for Mac section, not the iOS section, because the problem seems to have started after upgrading the Mac 1P to 4.1.3. (if you feel that this is a 1P for iOS problem, please move to that forum).

Nothing else has changed either on the Mac (OS X 10.8.5, 1P 4.1.3) or the iPhone (iOS 7.0.4, 1P 4 4.32). When trying to sync using the Wi-Fi sync, I get "Sync Problem. ErrorDomain =NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code = 3 The operation couldn't be completed. No such process" on the iPhone.
When initiating the sync, the iPhone "sees" the Mac with the correct IP address.

Again, nothing else has changed, so it is not a router, firewall, whatever problem. The only difference is upgrading 1P to 4.1.3.
Reinstalled 1P on both the Mac and iPhone, didn't help.

Two questions:

1. How to fix this?

2. When would AgileBits make sure that its paying users (some of which have been been using 1P for many years, my registration on the forum is from 2007) would have working local sync? I've had discussions with somebody from AgileBits about this on the forum and I was told that neither the old Wi-FI nor the USB sync would be brought back.

Sorry for the harsh tone, but the whole situation with 1P is unacceptable -- not just my issues, but also the numerous issues that many others of your customers (not just users) have had since 1P 4 release. AgileBits needs to address this, it is a matter of integrity.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Are you using 1P4 for iOS on your phone? How are you trying to sync? (I assume using Dropbox as you're using the AgileBits store version of 1P4 on your Mac.) If you are using Dropbox you need 1P4 for iOS on your phone in order to be able to sync with 1P4 for OS X - because Dropbox changed its API from that used in 1P3 for iOS.

2. 1P4 for OS X and 1P4 for iOS support wifi sync.

Stephen

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

@Stephen_C: Sorry, should've clarified more things in my original post. I am using the new (as of version 4 on OS X and iOS) Wi-Fi sync, which no longer works for me and worked fine, seemingly before upgrading to 4.1.3. As for the Wi-Fi sync that I was referring to in point 2, that was the old (1P 3) sync that worked just fine for me and everybody that I suggested to buy 1P. I edited my post to clarify that.

• lpn
    lpn
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I finally fixed it after not only removing 1P on the Mac, but also removing each and every other file related to 1P that I was able to find (obviously except for the password database, the backups and the license file, which I backed up). Installing 1P again from scratch seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure what went wrong when installing 1P 4.1.3 (did it from 1P, so there weren't any options to choose), but something got screwed up.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi @lpn,

I'm so glad to hear that you've managed to get Wi-Fi sync behaving properly, although I'm sorry that you had to go through such a process! Please let me know if you run into this again, I'd be happy to troubleshoot it with you.

This discussion has been closed.