Keyboard Shortcut/Auto Fill

I really don't mind that the 1PW for Chrome extension is updated slowly, but I really need a couple of features right now - I wonder if anyone (working for AWSolutions) can give me a time frame.

Firstly, the keyboard shortcut. CTRL+/ works fine, but I really want to be able to assign the shortcut to a better key combo.
Secondly, when I hit the shortcut, it brings up a popup which I then have to click to sign on. Much like Safari, I'd love it if when you hit your key combo it just goes ahead and autofills and signs in for you. Just one click, and you're logged on.

I've been dying to use Chrome since it was released, but I can't; I rely on 1PW too much.
It's either the above or ditching 1PW!

Any help appreciated.
Cheers.

- Jon.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Google has placed more restrictions at this time on Chrome extensions than those we are all (as users) used to in Firefox and Safari. We are trying to work within the limits they have provided (which do change frequently). We are working on allowing the Chrome extension to respect your custom keyboard shortcuts though.
  • Kim Røen
    Kim Røen
    Community Member
    This is especially a problem for people in other countries, as there is no separate "/"-key (at least not on the Norwegian keyboard), alas the shortcut does not work. ("/" is Shift + 7, but that doesn't work).

Customizing this would be heaven.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We think so too! :-)

We are looking to improve this in a future update!
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Kim is right. The same applies to german keyboard layout. No seperate /-key, so the current shortcut can't be used. Is it really Google-restrictions not allowing custom shortcuts? Wow, if so - screw them.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hm. I don't want to imply that it is solely Google's fault! :-)

We just can't use the keyboard shortcut(s) that are defined in 1Password Preferences > Logins at this time. As I understand it, we will have to include some custom keyboard shortcut code specifically for the Chrome extension. This is on our radar. Thanks for your patience! :-)
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Khad, is this still valid? If not, why not lock this thread? If it's still valid - a solution would be nice.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    This thread is almost a year old. How did you find it? :lol:

If you are having trouble with keyboard shortcuts, please do start a new thread. Keyboard shortcuts are set for all browsers in 1Password's preferences on the Logins pane.

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/keyboard_shortcuts.html

I am still a bit confused why you posted here, but I guess I will lock it as you mention since it is old and outdated. :-)

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.