Reverting from 1Password 4 beta to 1Password 3.8

Rather than pay the license fee to continue using 1Password 4 I want to return to 1Password 3. I have tried and tried to get the 1Password 3 extension to work but it continues to show a red badge with a "1" in it. When I click on the extension and then on the red exclamation point I'm presented with a message about troubleshooting information but no cause for the badge.

I completely removed the 1Password 4 extension and app before installing 1Password 3. When that didn't work I used the uninstall tool from the AgileBits web site to completely remove everything but my data. I followed the manual removal instructions and verified that there was nothing left of 1Password on my system. And yet when I install 1Password 3 and then go to Preferences to install the Safari browser extension I get the little red badge with a "1" in it.

I'm running Mavericks (10.9.1).

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zanshin,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I'm sure you already know, but as an existing 1Password user you are entitled to 50% off the regular price of a 1Password 4 license. If you'd still prefer to use 1Password 3 that's totally fine, and we'll get things working well for you. Just wanted to make sure you knew all your options. :)

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report for 1Password 3.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• zanshin
    zanshin
    Community Member

Downloaded the tool and clicked to generate the report. So far it's been 5 minutes. Is that normal? Or should I have gotten a result already?

• zanshin
    zanshin
    Community Member

Okay. I sent the only report I can get, the one produced through the Safari extension. And I get an automated "gee we're busy, why don't you use our forum" reply. Meanwhile the "create report" process still hasn't completed.

• zanshin
    zanshin
    Community Member

It has now been over 25 minutes and still no report. Your diagnostic tool doesn't work.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

Try resetting folder permissions by selecting Help > Troubleshooting from the menu bar and then give it another go.

If you're still having trouble, let's try generating the report a different way. Using your browser, please download a small standalone tool from our site to run a network copy of the Diagnostics Report procedure:

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use the Finder (or Spotlight) to locate 1Password_diagnostics in your browser’s download folder. If the located file name ends with “.zip”, the browser has not already expanded the downloaded archive so please double-click it to force it to be expanded.

The expanded download result you are looking for will be a Unix Executable File (as reported in the Finder’s “Kind” column when in list view) named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking that file will cause a Terminal window to appear, automatically downloading the latest (possibly unreleased) copy of the 1Password Diagnostics Report tool and will run it for you.

Hopefully it will show you instructions at the end on how to save the resulting Diagnostics Report from your web browser so that it can be attached to an email message to us.

Any output seen in the Terminal window may help to determine additional problems with permissions on your system that could impact 1Password. Please copy the entire output (easy way: Command-A, followed by Command-C) and paste it into an email for us to look at.

[GXU-88877-516]

• zanshin
    zanshin
    Community Member

Received email asking me to download command line diagnostic tool. Both the command line output and the web page output it produced have been emailed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zanshin,

Thanks so much for sending those reports in to us - we'll follow up directly via email to avoid any confusion :)

• zanshin
    zanshin
    Community Member

Eight hours and nary a peep here or via email.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I apologize for the delay. I've just sent you an email. We'll continue to work with you via email until everything is resolved. Just so that we are not duplicating efforts on our end or creating any confusion on either end I'm going to close this thread for now. Please be sure to continue to follow up via email. Thanks so much!

This discussion has been closed.