1Password mini opens whenever I login to a website [issue when using multiple Chrome profiles]

Options
cyphun
cyphun
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Whenever I hit command + \ to login to a website, the mini menu opens up in my menu bar automatically. It still logs me into the website, which is good, but I don't need to see the menu that pops up. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anybody know how to get this to stop happening? I did restart my computer last night and it stopped doing this for the rest of the night. When I tried it this morning it was back to always opening the mini menu.

Thanks.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @cyphun.

I'm sorry 1P mini is unexpectedly opening when you're using the Command-\ keyboard shortcut. Is it configured to run Fill Login on current web page?

When this happens is there only a single Login item for the current page you're filling on? Can you post the URL for a specific site/page with this issue? Which versions of 1P4, OS X, and browser(s) are you using?

Thanks in advance for the additional information!

• cyphun
    cyphun
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Thanks for the quick response!

My settings are exactly as you have shown them:

This does happen when there is only a single login item for the current page. This happens on every page I try to log in to. For instance though, it happens when I try to log into these forums. I am using 1Password Version 4.1.3 (413002) on Mac OS X 10.9.1 and Chrome Version 32.0.1700.77. I just want to reiterate that 1Password is actually logging me into the website still, so I don't think it's a multiple password per domain problem.

Oh and incase this is helpful, I am using Version 4.0.1.99 of the Chrome 1Password plugin.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the detailed followup, @cyphun.

Would you mind testing this in Safari and/or Chrome and let me know if you get the same behavior? That way we'll know if it's specific to Chrome or a more general issue. A colleague I asked about it earlier had also never seen other reports of it happening.

• cyphun
    cyphun
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting test. In Safari, this problem does not occur. Yay! That's good to know. So maybe this is a problem with the Chrome extension? Just to test things out, I tried it in Firefox too, and it also does not have the problem.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for testing that, @cyphun.

Do you have other Chrome extensions installed? If 1P4 filling works okay with others disabled then you can reenable them one at a time and test, hopefully isolating which one is interfering with 1P4. Then we could determine if the 1P4 extension needs fixing so it's compatible with the other one.

• cyphun
    cyphun
    Community Member
    Options

Disabling all of my other extensions doesn't solve the problem. This problem also occurs on my other computer. Same OS and browser (different extensions). The do share the same password vault, they are synced through Dropbox.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry that disabling non-1P4 extensions didn't help, @cyphun. Thanks for giving it a try.

So we can get a better idea of what's causing filling to trigger the 1P mini window opening please email us a Diagnostics Report from either Mac that's having this issue; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• cyphun
    cyphun
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help. I've sent in my diagnostics file.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @cyphun.

It looks like the issue is related to using multiple profiles in Chrome. We'll follow up with you more about this in email.

This discussion has been closed.