1Password has encountered a problem.

Hi 1Password!

Im trying out your software before I buy and I have run into a problem. I setup 1Password on my work computer saving the data folder in Skydrive (.agilekeychain folder). Its all setup and running nicely there. Its a Win7 machine.

Now at home I download 1Password and direct it to open existing 1Password data but it gives me this error "1Password has encountered a problem." It says that folder is not a 1Password data folder and it says "Changing your master password in the MAC version might correct this problem." My computer at home is Win 8.1.

Whats the problem here?

Thanks

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure, @duke2010, as we don't test 1Password with SkyDrive. We support only Dropbox sync'ing of locally stored 1Password vaults (.agilekeychain folders).

In principle, it seems like SkyDrive ought to work.

To help you, though, I'd have to ask you to sync your data using Dropbox. If we see the same problem there, we'll solve it; then you can choose whether to move back to SkyDrive.

Thanks for understanding!

• limmy
    limmy
    Community Member

I am seeing this issue as well, 1password 1.0.9.322, installed and reading successfully on Windows using SkyDrive, when trying to access 1password from a Windows 8.1 Pro machine, it fails with " \1password.agilekeychain is not a 1Password Data folder".

• duke2010
    duke2010
    Community Member

I haven't tried with Dropbox yet. Will give that a go tonight. Would be nice if it worked with Skydrive though as thats the cloud service I use. I would be installing dropbox just for 1pass.

• limmy
    limmy
    Community Member

Found the solution, on SkyDrive, the 1Password directory on the second computer is listed as available "online only". To fix it, create a 1password backup on the original computer, copy it to the second computer with SkyDrive, use 1Password to restore the backup, and then copy the restored 1Password folder to SkyDrive, and open the folder. The copied 1Password folder should be "available offline".

• duke2010
    duke2010
    Community Member

Limmy you genius! I didnt think of that, it works now. I just had to right click the 1Password folder in Skydrive and click "make available offline".
    I remember now that in Win 8.1 they changed Skydrive so it leaves your Skydrive data in the cloud. It used to have a local copy like dropbox but now you need to tell it to sync locally.

Thanks Limmy.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

...or just use Dropbox, which works without requiring any gymnastics. ;)

• duke2010
    duke2010
    Community Member
    edited February 2014

Yeah but now I can uninstall Dropbox and just use Skydrive which is built into Win 8.1. Happy days! Looks like another sale coming your way Agilebits. Thanks all!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We're happy if you're happy, @duke2010! :)

This discussion has been closed.