Fill Identity Question

Theloc
Theloc
Community Member

I completed my test run of your product and was very happy with what I saw so was showing a few people the iPad version. My wife asked me to fill out a webpage for her, but using fill with my identity did not work. I went to a PC (Chrome plug-in), and clicking on identity effortlessly supplied the data to the appropriate fields.

Going back and forth, it appears that I'm able to easily enter data by clicking on an identity while using a PC with your browser plug-in; however, when using the iPad version on the same site that works on the PC, it appears to be hit or miss.

While testing I have tried all 'User Agent' settings on the iPad for each tested site.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas?

Comments

• Hi @Theloc,

Does identity filling not work at all on your iPad, or only on certain sites? If it's just a few sites, can you share the URL(s) of the page(s) where identity filling isn't working? That will allow AgileBits to better troubleshoot the issue.

• Theloc
    Theloc
    Community Member

Hello @JasperP,

Thanks for the reply. Identity filling does work on my iPad on some sites. There are cases where it does not work on the iPad when the same URL did work with the Windows version.

One such URL is: www.hgtv.com/dream-home/hgtv-dream-home-2014-giveaway-enter/index.html

Though this site is is not very important (e.g. it doesn't contain banking information behind a password), it should be a decent test site since anyone can access it without a password. I have several more if needed.

By the way, I don't expect this to work on every website with an input field, but I was curious when I noticed a given site worked with the Windows version of the product but not on the iPad. If it didn't work with the Windows version either, I wouldn't have thought anything about it.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tehloc,

Thanks for sending along that URL! I've tested here, and I'm seeing the same thing as you. I've checked with on of our form-filling gurus, and it looks like some of the improvements we've recently made to the extension on the desktop version of 1Password haven't quite made it to the mobile version yet. We do however, have a pretty great update coming soon to 1Password 4 for iOS. Hopefully it will give you some improved behaviour here!

If there are any other sites that are misbehaving that you'd like us to take a closer look at, feel free to let us know! While you are correct, and we may not be able to fill in perfectly on every single website, we'd like to get as close as we can :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I love to enter contests and thought that using the Identities feature in 1Password would help. But I guess I must be missing something. I too am looking to use it for HGTV related entries but can't seem to get it to work in many of the fields. For instance, using my Mac and going to http://goo.gl/EJf9k4 I don't know how to get it to fill in birth year, gender, phone, and cable/satellite provider. Where can I turn to learn how to handle these types of fields? Any help would be appreciated.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mprusse,

At this time, 1Password can only fill in the default fields that already exist within the Identity. It cannot fill any custom fields that you may have manually added. This is largely due to the infinite variety in web design: although a field may have the title 'birth year', the actual label within the code could be completely different, which would make it difficult for 1Password to find and fill the correct field.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you right now, but I'd be happy to mention to the developers that you're interested in some more options here.

This discussion has been closed.