1P4 License Question/Problem

Options
bgarchow
bgarchow
Community Member

Hi,

I have what I think is 1P4 Mac installed and registered - at least that's what the app name says it is. But when I click: 1Password 4 > License... it says "License - 1Password 3 for Mac". So I went to the 1P website and had my licenses emailed to me.

The email says "1Password 4 for Mac" but when I click on "Click here to automatically add your license" a box pops up saying "Error - No associated application could be found". I'm not sure what's going on here.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it since it seems that it is 1P4 I have installed and registered (and working great). But I'm considering buying 1P for Windows and want to be sure that I get 1P4 so that it will sync properly with my Mac. But the only license code I have is for 1P3 (the license email dosen't actually show me the 1P4 license code, only 1P3).

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 4 uses a license file instead of an alphanumeric code for registration. If you have that file (and it sounds like you do), you should probably open the License option in the 1Password menu and then navigate to that file to load it.

Did you have a license to 1Password 3 that was upgraded for free because you purchased from the AgileBits site in 2013? I am in that situation, and the registration dialog shows like this:

If that yellow icon shows in yours, your registration is complete, even though it says 1Password 3 for Mac. I asked about this here before, and that is what the in house experts told me.

This discussion has been closed.