Safari extension frequently becomes "disconnected" from forms

Options
Bart S.
Bart S.
Community Member

Hi,

I have a Mac at home with Mavericks and the non-beta version of 1Password 4. In Safari the extension frequently stops working and I haven't figured out a way to get it to work again without restarting my computer. Pressing Command + \ will show me a list of usernames for the site I'm on, but clicking on them won't fill the form. And it won't matter if I do it form the toolbar button or by right-clicking and using the 1Password context menu.

I'll close 1Password mini, restart Safari, and run the main 1Password app, but none of them get the extension to work again. Is there some other less obvious daemon or tmp file I can clear? If I switch over to Chrome, Chrome will be fine, but I prefer to use Safari.

Thanks,
Bart

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bart,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Let's try reinstalling the 1Password 4 browser extension for Safari.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Safari.
    • Click Safari > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab.
    • Click "Uninstall" for the 1Password 4 extension.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Launch Safari and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    • Click the big green button, and follow the instructions on the new page to install the extension.

I hope this works, but if the extension is still misbehaving for you, please let me know and we'll investigate further!

This discussion has been closed.