WiFi sync issues with Mac, iPad and iPhone, and Dropbox unavailable

ianattwood
ianattwood
Community Member

Hi Mac 4.1.2 iPhone 1Password 3.7.2 iPad 3.7.2. Since adding the iPad, I have been unable to sync either device via WiFi. In either direction Mac>iPad or iPad/iPhone> Mac, no prompt windows open, despite the Authorization Codes being offered. Often, when both Mac and iPad/iPhone are concurrently open, after entering code, 1Password screen goes 100% black. Dead. Have powered down and turned off all devices. And the Dropbox sync option is also not working. This is really disappointing. Please advise if there are issues at present and suggested fixes welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ianattwood,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling disappointed with 1Password's sync options right now. Unfortunately, it is not possible to sync between versions. We initially released 1Password 4 without Wi-Fi sync, but customers told us how much they missed it, so we brought it back! We completely re-wrote Wi-Fi sync for 1Password 4 to provide users with an even better sync solution. That does mean, however, that the sync is not compatible between version 3 and version 4.

1Password 4 for iOS has been available in the App Store for over a year now, and includes many of the great new features you're enjoying in 1Password 4 for Mac: Favourites, improved browsing experience, iCloud sync and Folders just to name a few. It is also a universal app, which means that one purchase will work great on both your iPad and iPhone.

If you would like to continue using 1Password 3 for iOS however, we can still keep you all synced up. We'll just need to install 1Password 3 for Mac and use it as an intermediary between 1Password 4 for Mac and 1Password 3 for iOS. If you don't still have 1Password 3 for Mac installed, you can download a version here. Then, use Dropbox or Folder Sync to keep version 3 and 4 synced up on your Mac, and use Wi-Fi Sync for 1Password 3 to sync your data to your iOS devices.

I hope this helps, but we're here for you if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.