Set a "default" login for one URL that has two sep logins

Options
Kirk Love
Kirk Love
Community Member

Found a few threads about two logins for the same URL. Understand that and have that down. Quick question. If I have two logins for a site (one for me, one for my wife) but login about 95% of the time with ONE login, is there a way to set that as the default login when using a quick key entry?

Comments

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member
    Options

This is a great idea. I don't know if there's a way to do it already, but if not I'll put in my vote for it as a feature request. My use case is the ubiquitous Apple ID... I have my iCloud account, several developer accounts....

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Kirk and @alanshutko,

Thanks for adding your feedback here! When you have several Logins for one domain, but use one most of the time, you can get quicker access to this Login by marking it as a Favourite. Just click the star under the entry's title, or use Item > Favourite. This will bring the Login to the top of the list when you visit the site. :)

• Kirk Love
    Kirk Love
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan... Yup. Have that and that's a great little "hack". Though I'm assuming the answer to the question is no, you can't assign a default quick key entry. No problem, just verifying. Thanks again for the great product.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi Kirk,

Oops, I did not mean to completely ignore your original question, honestly! You are correct though, at this point, there is no way to set a default Login. I'd be happy to pass this request along to our developers though - it sounds like a useful little feature :)

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• Jasper
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hey guys,

Another possible workaround for you. Set the logins you rarely use to Never display in browser. Edit the item in 1Password and change the display setting:

If you only leave one login to show in the browser, then that login will always auto fill when you press the keyboard shortcut. The obvious downside to this is you'd have to copy and paste the hidden logins from the main app when it comes time to use them, or use the open & fill button from the main app. But if you rarely use those extra logins, it might not be an issue.

This discussion has been closed.